advertisement

Average UK worker would be £200 a week better off if real wages had grown at pre-crisis rate

ks.234

Half way to Infinity
  1. Real wages still below 2008 level in 212 out of 340 UK local authorities
  2. TUC says longest pay squeeze in modern era is a “damning indictment” of the Conservatives’ economic record
  3. Wage performance in every corner of Britain is well below historic trends, analysis shows
  4. Average UK worker would be £200 a week better off if real wages had grown at pre-crisis rate

I'd guess 1Kper month down is about right, all down to Corbyn and the boat people I'm sure.
I'm so lucky that I'm old, not skint but will never be rich, and that my only daughter is bright and a bit street wise.

Life is truly shit for far too many people here. other parts of the world shout out just what a shit species we are.

Don’t look at the stats on the markets in this country, if you invested £100 in the markets in this country in 2010 it’d be worth £118 now, if you invested $100 in the US markets in 2010 it‘d be worth $236.

Similar disparities against our ex friends in Europe

But we now have our country back so that’s something I guess?……..isn’t it?

It can't be too bad, we are buying lots of shiny new goodies, we have to book tables in restaurants, aircraft seats are full when we fly abroad.

No matter what point in history you choose, there are always people having it tough and plenty of people doing ok.

This forum is about chaps buying hifi stuff, hardly a cheap hobby.

We are still the worlds fifth largest economy despite being a small little island.

Methinks we doth moan too much.

Don’t look at the stats on the markets in this country, if you invested £100 in the markets in this country in 2010 it’d be worth £118 now, if you invested $100 in the US markets in 2010 it‘d be worth $236.

There was nothing to stop you investing in US stocks, it's dead easy actually. You can also invest in gold, UK stocks, Bitcoins and even lego.

It can't be too bad, we are buying lots of shiny new goodies, we have to book tables in restaurants, aircraft seats are full when we fly abroad.

No matter what point in history you choose, there are always people having it tough and plenty of people doing ok.

This forum is about chaps buying hifi stuff, hardly a cheap hobby.

We are still the worlds fifth largest economy despite being a small little island.

Methinks we doth moan too much.
Yes, we are one of the richest countries in the world. Why then cant we afford to pay people properly? Why do we have food banks? Why is there ‘no money‘ for public services.

Your experience does not mirror the many.
Most of my friends live similar. My next door neighbour runs two Porche's, his neighbour two doors down owns 5 detached houses which he rents, my other neighbour has more cars than I can count and this is in a tiny little cup de sac. I could list more but you get my point.

There was nothing to stop you investing in US stocks, it's dead easy actually. You can also invest in gold, UK stocks, Bitcoins and even lego.

Considering I’ve existed (emphasis on existed) on disability benefits due to spms for years I doubt that would be possible Mike but thanks for the considered advice, I guess I’ve wasted all my benefits on big screen TV’s, mobile phones, alchohol/drugs, occasional hookers, foreign holidays etc….etc..

Jesus Christ you really are the walking talking epitome of a Tory ****

I do. You live in the Stockbroker belt, or similar.
Most of my friends live similar. My next door neighbour runs two Porche's, his neighbour two doors down owns 5 detached houses which he rents, my other neighbour has more cars than I can count and this is in a tiny little cup de sac. I could list more but you get my point.

You are ignoring dividends, plus their compounding.

Considering I’ve existed (emphasis on existed) on disability benefits due to spms for years I doubt that would be possible Mike but thanks for the considered advice, I guess I’ve wasted all my benefits on big screen TV’s, mobile phones, alchohol/drugs, occasional hookers, foreign holidays etc….etc..

Jesus Christ you really are the walking talking epitome of a Tory ****
I don't care how and what you spend your money on, the point I am making is some people may be strapped but there are others who are doing ok. It has always been thus. I really do think that we criticise our country too much.

I don't care how and what you spend your money on, the point I am making is some people may be strapped but there are others who are doing ok. It has always been thus. I really do think that we criticise our country too much.

That’s ok then, better start spending big, especially at your age now Mike, you can’t take it with you. ;)

I’m quoting from what the FT recently commented on,

And I’d be knocked sideways if they’ve included divis, which US stocks don’t typically pay. They’re talking SP only.

Besides, surely US companies are simply pure evil for making so much profit at the expense of employees and customers?

I’m quoting from what the FT recently commented on,
Yes I recall reading something similar a few weeks ago. I think it was the Sunday Time. The US recorded the world beating growth under Biden but the UK just slightly lagged behind Europe. So the American figures are not the norm.

advertisement

Back