advertisement

Australian Pink Floyd

I.D.C.

pfm Member
Attended the Pulse gig at Earl's Court but never tribute group Australian Pink Floyd £45 a ticket taking the family along. Anyone been to their gigs ?

I saw them about 10 years ago and they fantastic - probably better than some actual Pink Floyd gigs! I think tickets were about £20 then.

yes they are were v-good, seen them about 4 times, the show was a lot bigger back in the day, they have never been cheap to see, they used to have all the giant puppets off pink floyd, and the backing light show, the big circle screen, but as i say the last time i went the show was scaled back quite a lot,but as the other op said v-good, only seen them at nottingham concert hall

They are extremely good - as are several other Floyd bands. Last saw them in Brum about 8 years ago - very good if a little 'sterile'. Since they are 'only' playing the music you are kind of aware that you are not watching the proper ' stars'.

Oddly... The Aussie Floyd were handing out fliers to their gigs right to the queue at the Pulse gigs - I still have it here somewhere. Was chatting to the keyboard player about that a year or two back.
Have seen their show more times than I care to work out,(at least 50/60 times) but not for the last two tours.
They are **very** good, if anything, the Mr Screen is now superior to what Floyd had. The lights and lasers are spectacular, playing is literally 'as Floyd' The FOH sound guy is the same as used by Floyd (or was when I saw them last)
I will go again probably, at some time, but having seen Gilmour / Waters more than a few times in recent tours, I felt a rest was in order.
Personally, I much prefer the Aussies to the sideline 'BritFloyd' but that is another story from when 'brit' split away and formed and tried a bit of a con on fans..

They are well worth seeing, the show is worthy, & yes, £45 aint cheap, but the venue and show is what you get for that.
Cheapest I saw them would be around a fiver in Cannock social club, that was a fair while ago though!

I have been to the Glasgow gig the last seven years, would not miss it. Well worth the entrance fee. Try to take friends who are new Floyd fans to have a good time.

advertisement

Back