advertisement

[FS] Auralic Vega G2.1 (new innards) - Immaculate

Sondekker

pfm Member
A superb example of this excellent DAC/Streamer/Preamp/Headphone amplifier. Complete with original double boxes and unused UK and EU power cables. In virtually mint condition with not a dint, scratch or mark to be seen.

This example was purchased new from a dealer three years ago last October, however, five days before its 3rd birthday, it developed a fault with a mismatch in volume between the two channels. It was returned to the dealer, who after consulting with Auralic, was requested to return it to them for inspection. A faulty module was confirmed and it was shipped to Germany for repair.

It was returned some seven weeks later and to my surprise I was advised that it isn't possible to change the faulty module and that a complete new main motherboard, complete with all components and modules had been fitted. I got the Vega back in mid-December and so it has now been running-in for around seven weeks. The very high quality of sound these devices are renowned for is present again.

I also own an Auralic Aries G2 streamer plus a nice quality valve preamp which I have been using with the Vega and so I am conscious that I have only really been using the DAC element of the Vega which is perhaps wasteful. I have therefore decided to offer it for sale with a view to using the funds to focus on a stand alone DAC.

The Vega retailed for £6299 when I purchased it and the latest updated version with the G3 platform retails for £6899.

Asking £3950 for what might be considered a partially new G2.1 in superb condition.

Can be demonstrated or collected from Ipswich or would be willing to meet/deliver up to 100 miles. Can also be posted at buyers risk.

Plenty of the various Aries versions to be found for sale second hand but not so many Vega's. Owners that like what they do seem to keep hold of them.

Any questions please ask.

Vega-front.jpg

Vega-rear.jpg

Vega-boxes.jpg

Just out of curiosity, eBay are in a position to withhold/do whatever about delivery/proof of receipt etc but posting at buyers risk wouldn't stand up in court in a private sale if it came to it. Part of a contract is receipt of goods, without that, no contract, it's money back?

Thank you.

As an occasional seller, I much prefer for any item I sell to be picked up but I am also conscious that Ipswich is not centrally located and tends to be a potentially lengthy car drive for many people. Hence my offer to meet or deliver (at my expense) up to a hundred miles.

I am happy to post but am naturally concerned about the risk of loss or damage. I have no legal training or expertise but would presume that if a buyer chooses or prefers to buy an item and have it posted and is prepared to organise his own shipping, with or without insurance, then he presumably accepts any risks involved??

Thank you.

As an occasional seller, I much prefer for any item I sell to be picked up but I am also conscious that Ipswich is not centrally located and tends to be a potentially lengthy car drive for many people. Hence my offer to meet or deliver (at my expense) up to a hundred miles.

I am happy to post but am naturally concerned about the risk of loss or damage. I have no legal training or expertise but would presume that if a buyer chooses or prefers to buy an item and have it posted and is prepared to organise his own shipping, with or without insurance, then he presumably accepts any risks involved??
No, it's your responsibility that the goods are received. If they get lost in the post, the goods are yours, that's why you would insure them (tricky and expensive). If the buyer doesn't get the goods, there is no "contract" (the legal side) and therefore there is no sale and you have someone else's money. As far as I'm aware.

As I seller, I always arrange postage. I just account for it in the cost I propose. Royal Mail special delivery can do insurance up to about £2500, and DHL are always good for higher value items.

It’s the sellers responsibility to make sure the item as sold arrives, in good working order as described.

Nice bit of kit tho, I was looking at a g2 on eBay the other day that finished for a bargain! I was too slow on the bidding. Sadly this one sits a bit too rich for my taste at the moment.

I have on occasion arranged collection by courier. I have accepted that ‘my’ courier is my agent and take the responsibility for insuring transport or loss.

Thank you for the further comments and advice with regard to posting etc which is fully accepted.

I regret that my comment about postage has resulted in some discussion about that matter with seemingly little interest in this superb, partly 'new' device which currently remains for sale.

lenty of the various Aries versions to be found for sale second hand but not so many Vega's.
you do know they're two totally different boxes though yes? the aries isn't a DAC, and even auralic themselves suggest the vega is at its best when used with an aries. You may be thinking of the Altair, which is the combined aries/vega functionality in one box.

Yes, as the owner of an Aries G2 I am fully aware of the difference.

I was simply trying to make the point that there are many used Aries streamers available on the second-hand market but significantly fewer used Vega's. :(

Rather surprised there hasn't been much interest in this beautiful device.

As detailed in the original listing, there aren't many similar spec Vega's on the second-hand market.

Only three currently listed on eBay:-

one G2.1 at £4499 and two of the cheaper G2's at £3400 and £3850 and mine has recently been checked over by Auralic and fitted with a brand new main motherboard.

Have I got the price completely wrong?

Time for a weekly bump.

Having recently found the user manual I find that I originally paid £5999 and not £6299 when I purchased it. Apologies for my lapse in recollection.

I also thought it might be worth providing a link to one of the many excellent reviews of this particular device that can be found on the internet. All that's missing is any mention of the dual headphone sockets and decent headphone amplifier and the R-2R resistor ladder volume control of the analogue preamp.

advertisement

Back