advertisement

Audioquest Dragonfly Cobalt query.

Joolzdee

pfm Member
Recently swapped Spotify for Tidal and I'm impressed with the uplift in sound quality.
I'm not a big headphone user but occasionally listen via my Android phone (Motorola G62 5g) with a pair of Meze 99 Classics.
I thought I'd try a Dragonfly Cobalt dac and was impressed with improvement...more space around the instruments, clearer sound and a more believable soundstage generally.
Unfortunately though, after maybe 30 mins listening the sound cut out. No buffering or strange noises...Nothing.
After an hour or so the thing would start working. But again only for 30 mins or so.
I returned it to the supplier who refunded straight away. But they said they tested it and it worked fine for over 6 hours. My internet speed is pretty good..Tidal works great via my phone and my TV signal via the internet is fine, as is general browsing.
I don't want to give up on the idea of a dac/amp.
Sorry for the long post....I just wondered if the hive had any ideas as to why the thing wasn't working properly??
Thanks

Perhaps some kind of battery/energy saving setting in the phone? After all it's powering the Cobalt isn't it?

Perhaps some kind of battery/energy saving setting in the phone? After all it's powering the Cobalt isn't it?
Good idea.
I've just checked and battery saving mode/setting is off . No other battery settings/options on the phone.
Thanks for the thoughts though.

There might be some other battery or maintenance settings not immediately accessible. I would do a Google search of USB power settings for your particular phone model.

advertisement

Back