advertisement

Audiophile songs you're sick of

All of it? Miles' discography especially encompasses a huge range of different styles.

From your username I'm guessing you do like jazz?
Believe me I have tried to at least listen to Jazz from a number of artists.
It’s too complicated and clever for me.
I can appreciate take five but that’s about it. lol
I like simple music and I like songs much more than I like instrumentals.
My name is Jazzer because I had a wonderful horse of that name.

I had a funny experience at Audio T in Epsom years ago demoing a NAD CD player. I took along a few of my own CD's including 'Songs for the Deaf' By QOTSA. The guy showing me the CD player looked at the CD and said 'Ah Queen' shall i put this on first? Suppressing a smile i said Yes do play the title track but you need to play it loud as it is quite quiet...his face was a picture when the track kicked in at full volume after the quiet pre-amble..:D

Believe me I have tried to at least listen to Jazz from a number of artists.
It’s too complicated and clever for me.
I can appreciate take five but that’s about it. lol
I like simple music and I like songs much more than I like instrumentals.
My name is Jazzer because I had a wonderful horse of that name.
Ah fair enough. I like lots of jazz but I'm not very clever : )

Nice name for a horse.

I have always thought that the music of Yello is rubbish, and I imagine that nobody listens on musical grounds.
Dire Straits and Pink Floyd are just not for me either.

All of them,all the usual crud you hear at shoes with some toe tapping sales rep nodding his head too.
Why the hell can’t they play some proper music,Hawkwind in partitular levitation album can be amazing on the right system,and is also amazing on a old aiwa,most of the corals stuff,the smiths etc
Tbh I’ll probably never go to a hifi show again,although a few years ago at cranage the leema room was brilliant!

Same, I don't know anyone who actually listens to her. If you told me she was a hifi industry plant I would have no trouble believing you.

Where my Krall-heads at?
I listen to Diana Krall for enjoyment and have most of her albums. Fantastic voice and a superb pianist IMHO. I’ve seen her live twice as well.

And I will also never, ever tire of hearing Hotel California, either.

Anything by Snorah Jones. Nils ? Way, way back in the day, I was a fan of the mid 70's Nils Lofgren albums, and I have a soft spot for "Nils sings Neil".

Nils Sings Neil is a great album although he did screw up the tempo on 'Don't cry no tears'.

If I have to hear Nils Lofgren one more time o_O
Oh dear. I rather like Grin.

But I have never been to a festival of audio in my entire life. Do they play any 13th Floor Elevators? That would be fun.

I’m sure some Keith Tippett would go down splendidly.

advertisement

Back