1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Audiolab m DAC internal fuse

Discussion in 'audio' started by Michaelwheeldon, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Michaelwheeldon

Michaelwheeldon New Member

Just a quick enquiry, does the original audiolab m DAC have an internal fuse either in the unit or the power supply other than the plug top fuse.
    I,m in the united kingdom so unfortunately we have a fuse in our plug sockets.
    Thanks

2. Barrymagrec

Barrymagrec pfm Member

Why is it unfortunate? - and the fuse is in the BS1363A plug, not the socket.

Arkless Electronics and George J like this.
  3. Michaelwheeldon

Found out from someone who knows the answer rather than trying to start an argument.
    Regards

4. Barrymagrec

Barrymagrec pfm Member

Well I`m sorry you were upset by my admittedly terse answer but if you make a contentious statement "unfortunately we have a fuse in our plug sockets" and meaningless terminology "plug sockets" what do you expect?

The plug fuse is there to protect the cable , not the equipment, it is connected to a 30 amp circuit.

As "someone who knows " may have told you any device sold legally in the UK will have protection, fuses replaceable or fixed, thermal cutouts or a combination.

5. Michaelwheeldon

Nice forum, very friendly, been shot down for wrongful terminology.