advertisement

AudioLab CDQ and Cambridge Audio 751 problems

Hi,

I have an AudioLab CDQ. I also have a Cambridge Audio 751 BluRay player. I wanted to be able to use the 751 as the transport for various hi-res DVD or Blu Ray discs.

Outputting via the optical cable from the 751 to the CDQ though - the CDQ is only ever reporting 48. The bluRay player itself - if i turn on the screen will say that it is reading at 96/24 in stereo.

Does anyone have any tips. Ideally, i wanted to use the 751 to read 96/24 bit sound, and send these to the CDQ.

I have set the 751 Audio options to LPCM and up to 192. So, it should just send the 96/24 signal to the CDQ.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Richard

Are you certain this isn't a (possibly mistaken) interpretation of the DRM restriction that prohibits anything above 16/48 from being sent 'in the clear' digitally?

Plutox has it right. Nothing higher than 16/48 can be sent over spdif - you can only send hi def digital over HDMI when there is a valid HDCP (DRM) connection between the HDMI devices.

There's no legal restriction for outputting high res at any format from DVD/blu ray. The flags to control this Reside on the disc and at the discretion of the publisher. Most of them flag it down to 16/48

The CA 751bd comes with a dvd-a with 24/192 songs.
What does it happen with this disc?

advertisement

Back