advertisement

Audiolab 8200DQ high pitched noise when using USB

Hcanning

pfm Member
Hi all,

My system is as follows:

Squeezebox Touch > Audiolab 8200DQ > Meridian 557 power amps (balanced)

I also have an Onkyo AV amp hooked up to an analogue input on the Audiolab.

Earlier I decided to install the enhanced audio output patch on the Touch and use the USB connection instead of optical. It worked a treat, but with the USB cable attached between the Audiolab and the Touch, there's a rather prominent high-pitched whine from the speakers when I switch to the analogue input on the Audiolab.

Disconnect the USB cable and it's gone.

I'm back to optical for now!

Any ideas?!

Earlier I decided to install the enhanced audio output patch on the Touch and use the USB connection instead of optical. It worked a treat, but with the USB cable attached between the Audiolab and the Touch, there's a rather prominent high-pitched whine from the speakers when I switch to the analogue input on the Audiolab.

Does the pitch of the whine change at all? Do you still get the noise if the power supply of the Touch is disconnected (but USB cable attached)?

You could try a USB Isolator - it appears that the Switching supply of the SBT is injecting noise into your Audio system via the USB cable...

There is some discussion online about problems with this with Apple too. I don't remember where. I read a bunch because I have one but got it only for cd.

advertisement

Back