advertisement

Audiolab 8200CDQ V12 heating

bar28

Hello,

I'm new member on this forum, but i thought that someone else has pratical experience from Audiolab 8200CDQ V12 too. Is it normal behaving, that device warming well that region where is those ventilation holes? Device working still very well and i have been very happy about the sound quality of it. It drives my Genelec G Three active speakers.

simple answer is yes. I have one also. The idle power is about 30 watts due to the type of circuitry used. Don't cover up the ventilation holes top AND BOTTOM, make sure where ever you place it, there is space both over and underneath to allow air to circulate around it, so don't put in a confined space.

simple answer is yes. I have one also. The idle power is about 30 watts due to the type of circuitry used. Don't cover up the ventilation holes top AND BOTTOM, make sure where ever you place it, there is space both over and underneath to allow air to circulate around it, so don't put in a confined space.

Thanks your answer. Audiolab locates on TV desk shelf, but i have to check again that it will get well cooling air

I saw one in a local respected hifi shop that it seems they run all the time ( while the shop is open ). The room was quite warm, due in part to all the electronic devices on and didn't seem worse for it, it also was in a hifi shelf system with minimum spacing above and below - I was just able to get my hand over the top to see how warm it was, it didn't seem much warmer than mine. But I think it is wise for longevity ( my other audiolab gear is 6 years old now) to try and keep it as cool as possible

advertisement

Back