advertisement

Audiolab 82000CDQ & 8200P

Lyricman

Hi Guys
A lot of people seem to be asking about amplification and speakers for the 8200CDQ.
I started off with the CDQ into a Roksan Kandy MKIII using Chord Cobra III interconnects and had Quad 22L2 speakers and the detail was amazing after my Marantz. I then tried my old Audiolab 8000S in power amp mode, much more body but not as much high end detail. So the bug hit me and I went and bought the 8200P power amp and what a difference that made so much more power and grip. At the same time I bought some Chord Odyssey4 bi-wire cable which improved further. I felt there was still more to come so I purchased some Chord Chameleon Silvers.... wow these are awesome so much detail. I can understand why they shouldn't be used on bright systems. Damn I thought I must try Bi-Amping so I bought a second hand 8000P (Chinese) and used this to drive the base drivers and used the 8200P driving the the mid and high speakers.
Wow 400 watts and a channel for each speaker and it sounds bloody awesome so much body, drive and grip on the music. I have put bungs in the rear ports of the speakers due to the copious bass this system can produce.
I have also bought the Synology DS211+ NAS and media server. People had reported that this did not work with the CDQ as it kept dropping out. I can assure you it works like a dream as I havent had a single problem. The only problem is that you can't use the CDQ control to change tracks and there is no dedicated 8200CDQ driver.

Hope this helps you guys
Mike

advertisement

Back