advertisement

Audiolab 8200 CDQ problem with CD drawer ?

cybermann

Hi all.
By closing the cd tray, the cd fell inside the Audiolab.
I've used many hours this Audiolab 8200 CDQ V12 E and never had a problem with it. On the contrary this player is fabulous.
I can not understand how this could happen, i'm not David Copperfield.
What can i do, open the hood but it is under warranty and i think i will lose it if i do this.
Also the CD is borrowed at the library and I have to return it the next week or face a fine.

Any help welcomed!

i think the lid off is the only way - you'll need a small star shaped torx driver- -the kind used for phones.

Hi all.
By closing the cd tray, the cd fell inside the Audiolab.
I've used many hours this Audiolab 8200 CDQ V12 E and never had a problem with it. On the contrary this player is fabulous.
I can not understand how this could happen, i'm not David Copperfield.
What can i do, open the hood but it is under warranty and i think i will lose it if i do this.
Also the CD is borrowed at the library and I have to return it the next week or face a fine.

Any help welcomed!

TO be honest I have absolutely NO idea how you manged this, I can only imagine the disc was somehow badly misplaced on the tray - but I've never heard of an instance where its then got loose within the machine - normally the Disc would just jam the door closing...

Use a Torx T6 or T7 (buy a small Torx set) to remove the screws on the top of the unit (First insure the unit is unplugged from the mains supply and system)

If you could take a picture of the CD loader (with the unit opened) so I can insure its been correctly assembled - as I cannot see how its managed to loose a disk...

John

Hi hifi-dog, thanks for your quick answer, but 'm afraid the cd tray is defective, if it could possible once it can happen again?

Thanks JohnW for your quick answer.
But if i open the unit did i not loose the warranty ?

Are you UK based? If so then I can explain to the Guys at Audiolab that you open the unit on my instructions.

I stress again for your own safety, insure the unit has been unplugged from the mains supply and your audio system so that its safe to remove the lid. If you don't feel comfortable doing this then you should to send it back to Audiolab service.

John

No i leave in France, and tu unit was bought at the end of december 2011 in Germany .
Don't worry i've immediatly unplungged the unit from the audio system, and for the moment i have no small torx set. So i can not open it.

No i leave in France, and tu unit was bought at the end of december 2011 in Germany .
Don't worry i've immediatly unplungged the unit from the audio system, and for the moment i have no small torx set. So i can not open it.

Its OK, I know the Audiolab guys in Germany - So I can cover you if you open your unit.

John

Hi,
It's ok, i've opened the unit, and the cd is removed. The Audiolab 8200 CDQ sound always so fine !
Now I hope I was not able to repeat this magician's trick.

TO be honest I have absolutely NO idea how you manged this, I can only imagine the disc was somehow badly misplaced on the tray - but I've never heard of an instance where its then got loose within the machine - normally the Disc would just jam the door closing...

Use a Torx T6 or T7 (buy a small Torx set) to remove the screws on the top of the unit (First insure the unit is unplugged from the mains supply and system)

If you could take a picture of the CD loader (with the unit opened) so I can insure its been correctly assembled - as I cannot see how its managed to loose a disk...

John

John,
Today I encountered once the disc jam @ the door while closing, closing and opening tray released the jam disc. I feel the tray is very shallow and cd can be easily misplace on it. Will this damage the tray or cause any misalignment to the cd mechanism or lead to poor cd reading? I know I'm paranoid here but I just bought the player yesterday:(.
A reply from you is greatly appreciated..

The alignment of the cd tray doesn't really matter. The cd is supported on the motor spindle while playing, not the tray. As long as the drawer closes and doesn't touch the spinning cd it'll be fine.

My 8200CDQ is now doing this. The CD remains inside and I get the "tray blocked" error in the display. By removing the top plate I can see the CD is actually not blocking the tray from opening. Is like the mechanism does not engage properly. No idea if this requires grease on the gears or to replace a part. The CD unit seems to be Sony so I guess parts are available online. Any ideas?

on the matter of replacing the transport . I bought a spare some from Audiolab UK time ago, havent use it yet, I seem to remember reading some where you have to unsolder a link some where before putting in? any details

It’ll be on laser assembly somewhere if it has it - should be a fairly obvious shorting section on PCB - you’ll need a soldering iron to remove

advertisement

Back