advertisement

Audio technica stylus

ATN95E for a AT95E & ATN95EX for a AT95EX
Ex was lower Cu version supplied with a AT-LP5 turntable
E/EX Shine with Jico Hyper Elliptical / Shibata after market Styli

I will have to check for wording on the body, I don’t know which one I have. I have had it for a few years though, the EX stylus fits perfect.

If it has open lugs for fitting to the head shell with nuts and screws it will be an AT 95E if it has threaded inserts on top it is an AT VM95 series cartridge. I have found that an AT VMN95 stylus will fit the AT 95E cartridge though not the other way round. Stylus for the AT95E are still readily available though if you want a stylus upgrade it may make sense, as suggested above to replace the cartridge with the newer model.

AT95E alternative styli are pretty limited.

Rather than getting something like the Paratrace for it might as well get a new AT-VM95ML Gives you captive mounting threads too.

Old:

4916-Audio-Technica-AT-95-E-Tonabnehmer-TA00025-AT_4.jpg

New:

AVimg_24889.jpg

The 95 ML stylus works best on the VM body. I've tried one on an AT95e body. I shaved off the plastic bottom lip of the cartridge body to have the stylus fit securely.

I didn't like the result. While the frequency response was good, the sound was so "hard" I couldn't listen to more than half a side. :eek:

Geoffrey, the body is nearly free so apart from the hassle of fitting a whole cart shouldn’t be too much trouble. About £20 difference to buy a fresh at-VM95ML vs just the stylus

The 540ML is a further £50 but the body is not threaded if that makes any difference for fitting.

Best of luck!

advertisement

Back