advertisement

audio technica MM cartridge query

taffyboy1

pfm Member
Hi all,

I fitted an old MM audio technica cartridge to an old dual 505 turntable, however the stylus has been damaged but there isn't any marking to show what model it is, its a white body.

anyone got any ideas as to what it is? can a stylus say from an AT95 be fitted to it?

any help most appreciated

cheers

Taffyboy

I had one of the unmarked white ATs, I think that they came bundled with a number of entry level TTs, like Dual and maybe Rega, back in the day, as an inexpensive starter for 10. I had one, I can't remember where from, and I ended up fitting it to a TT that I tracked down for a mate. I think he's still using it to this day, it sounds oK.

I was thinking the same, the bodies are so cheap on the entry level ATs that it's hardly worth messing with a replacement stylus.

In what way? Do you mean it’s mechanically non compliant?
Just gone myself to check and with apologies, the above is spot on. The 95 is a horrible match to the dual arm and the 110 is very good. Apologies for post 6 which is wrong info.

Last edited:
Actually, Dual themselves offered a version of the 505 with AT95E and felt mat; tracked like a leech and sounded much more lively than the usual Ortofon OM/DM.

IME, there haven't been many MMs produced since the 1970s that don't work fine in the dynamically balanced Dual tonearms.

Regardless, without more information from the OP, he may as well be asking others to ID the genealogy of a white cat by offering nothing more than 'I have a white cat'.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back