advertisement

[FS] Audio technica AT33sa (like new)

Dean Jordan

pfm Member
Up for grabs is this stunning audio technica at33sa. Less that 5 hours use.

Comes complete with all paper work and accessories.

Sounds amazing but I'm not going to be using 2 turntables anymore.

£679 rrp asking £500 plus £5 shipping

Bargin for anyone looking for a new cart.

Can collect from le67 if you do wish.

Payment via bank transfer.

Lost contact. For some reason unknown to me I got blocked from pfm.

New member with zero posts breaking the AUP-defined >50 post/>3 month classified rules and accessing the site from multiple IP addresses, many appearing as VPNs. You rang a lot of alarm bells!

Well Mr. Tony I don't know. I paid 400£ into an account towards the purchase of this cartridge and the next thing I know is that I am blocked as spam wo possibility to contact anyone

As for my IP addres(ses) these are made by my router not me I suppose. I trust I will be able to conclude this (That I receive this item that was purchased) and then will be out of the way

Hey, stick around, let us know your impressions of the cart - I rather like mine and think it's a sleeper. Very un-Audio Technica - in a good way!

sound is quite “pleasant” with good timbres and enough air. Less analytical than the Clearaudio Talismann V2 but that one can sound a bit hard with some recordings. Nevertheless one can understand why the CA has its price …bit more magic than the AT. ( instrument placing/resolution/depth). AT is Definitely better than a DL 103R (which I use when not sure of the quality of a record or just for some hard rock). Getting close to the sound signature of my vintage cartridges (MCZ-10 Ruby an Osawa OS70)..but not quite. On balance a nice all rounder, not sure I would pay the rrp for it. Voila. Ah, set in a AT-LH15 headshell, Sony PUA 1500L 12”arm, Stevens Billington SUT @ 1:20 ratio to the MM of a VTL 2.5 series II phono. Garrard 301turntable

@Collector3 How did you find getting the alignment right?

I have tried numerous Shibata cartridges and found it very difficult or impossible to get something that was satisfactory compared to a microline stylus.

Alignment : no problem. I use a Schon-Schablone Typ 2. My tonearms (I have 2 x 12”) are of course mounted at the right distance and that never changes. Overhang can be adjusted from the headshell.
As for microline vs. Shibata….not sure I can tell/hear the difference. I find that (correct) loading has a much greater impact on sound

advertisement

Back