advertisement

Audio T

I do wonder what caused the Audio-T owner(s) to back out at the last moment - this must have been an expensive 'attempt'.

I always preferred Audio-T to Sevenoaks, but now Epsom is gone.

As stated Mike moved to Infidelity before Epsom closed, and Jason is at Basingstoke.

M

I do wonder what caused the Audio-T owner(s) to back out at the last moment - this must have been an expensive 'attempt'.

I always preferred Audio-T to Sevenoaks, but now Epsom is gone.

As stated Mike moved to Infidelity before Epsom closed, and Jason is at Basingstoke.

M

From what I gather the lack of synergy between the businesses, coupled with ongoing tough times has caused them to re-think. Audio T have significantly reduced their stock-holding and costs of late though, so may well now be in better shape generally to weather the present storm. I don't think they've spent too much, just a bit of signage really.

Memories, indeed... I bought my first Linn / Naim system from Tony Revelle in 1982 when he had just founded Audio Excellence in a tiny (seriously, tiny) shop on King's Road in Canton, Cardiff. Superb service, even to my then twenty one year-old, bleached-haired, psychobilly self... glad he's done so well. Actually, as I type, I'm sitting in the room (in my mother's house) where he and Melody set up my first two systems...

I remember Tony Revelle from Radford's Bristol in 1979-80. Oh, and 'guarding' the queue into the Show this February...

I've only ever had good experiences with Audio T (Reading & Basingstoke). Got my first real bit of kit from Reading Branch, used Basingstoke after a house move

Memories, indeed... I bought my first Linn / Naim system from Tony Revelle in 1982 when he had just founded Audio Excellence in a tiny (seriously, tiny) shop on King's Road in Canton, Cardiff. Superb service, even to my then twenty one year-old, bleached-haired, psychobilly self... glad he's done so well. Actually, as I type, I'm sitting in the room (in my mother's house) where he and Melody set up my first two systems...

Yes I remember the Kings Road Canton store, also.

I have mental pictures some rather lost looking CB Naim stuff in the window.

Melody wired up an active Meridian system for a demo, 1981 I believe.

They moved to Crwys Road subsequently.

;)

advertisement

Back