advertisement

Audio shops in Italy?

Mike Hanson

Trying to understand...
I'm visiting Venice, Florence, Naples and Rome soon. If I have any spare time, are there any places that I should check out?

Have never looked for audio hardware stores but there is a decent vinyl s/h market in most cities

If you are walking around Florence and want a music store with a difference, there is one called "Move On" which also contains a bar and cafe opposite the Duomo in Piazza di San Giovanni. Decent selection of vinyl both new and used but usual high prices. Plenty of vinyl s/h stores in the less central areas. All revealed by Google.

Nothing in Venice except a decent jazz club but you may strike lucky and find a big gig with tickets at the Opera House - they have hosted King Crimson and Bonnie Price Billy while we have been there.

Have never looked for audio hardware stores but there is a decent vinyl s/h market in most cities

If you are walking around Florence and want a music store with a difference, there is one called "Move On" which also contains a bar and cafe opposite the Duomo in Piazza di San Giovanni. Decent selection of vinyl both new and used but usual high prices. Plenty of vinyl s/h stores in the less central areas. All revealed by Google.

Nothing in Venice except a decent jazz club but you may strike lucky and find a big gig with tickets at the Opera House - they have hosted King Crimson and Bonnie Price Billy while we have been there.
Some decent looking secondhand LPs and CDs on via Po (at least one shop on each side) and, to a lesser extent, Piazza Carlo Felipe (on the right side when the Porta Nuova station is at your back) in Turin last week.

I'm not record shopping. Just interested in sticking my nose into a stereo shop, if there's one worth visiting.

advertisement

Back