advertisement

Audio Projects, Leeds

culletman

Just Googled them, it says they are permanently closed I know it was mentioned in another thread that Bill was looking to retire can anyone confirm this.

I've been told that his shop was on the market as a building, not a business.
I got my LP12 from him back in the early 80s.
There's a Linn dealer in Otley now.

I also got my Linn Naim system from them in the early 80s, they were one of the first Naim dealers in the 70s, think they stopped with Naim early 90s. I now use the Sound .Org in York

There’s also Audio Republic a bit further from where Audio Projects was, on Otley Road in Headingley.

I'm not surprised, it was a thriving business in the 90s but as others say Bill will be retiring now and the industry is shrinking. For the last few years I get the impression that they have been doing AV installation and multi room for a vanishingly small wealthy clientele. Audio Republic, half a mile up the road, have been getting the traditional separates business and the Naim business. They had a few Notts decks last time I looked but the place doesn't much interest me.

Bill, we look forward to receiving help and advice from you on this forum in the future.

I spent an afternoon auditioning, with a friend, an LP12/Ittok/ASAK, Exposure X, and Mission 770s IIRC.
Sounded superb! I still recall hearing the breathing of the horn player on Alan Parsons 'Pyramid' like never before. I nearly bought an Exposure X but NAIM was calling..........

advertisement

Back