advertisement

Audio physics virgo 2

If you have the space to set them up properly with their side firing woofers, have an amp with a good bit of power and grip, you'll most likely never want another speaker. I love the Audio Physic house sound. Go to a shop and have a listen to something made by them first and see if you get on with them.

One of the most dynamic speakers I have ever heard.
But as already pointed out, need some room an alot of muscle to get to sing.

Used Virgo 111S in a 22ft lounge ok , then used them nearfield in a 14ftx12ft room, altogether better. If you can live with them in the middle of the room as per the positioning instructions on their site, these plain disappear.
Holographic does not do them justice but need a decent amp, 400 watts of Pass labs yes, 35 decent valve watts not without subs.
Do they do rock, don't know , my ears are still bleeding.

The entire range is quite impressive. Have heard a speaker from each level of Audio Physic range and they should be considered in any potential switch/upgrade...

I still use original Virgos in a big room and with an YBA integrated that does 150W into 4 ohms, which is their impedance. They can sound incredibly lifelike although they have all the problems that come with smallish drivers. Overall I have just kept them- I'll probably change them at some point, like when the kids are out of college.

A friend uses a pair of Virgo (I cannot remember which version) with ATC integrated power amp (I think it is called the SIA-150). I like the sound very much.

I still use original Virgos in a big room and with an YBA integrated that does 150W into 4 ohms, which is their impedance. They can sound incredibly lifelike although they have all the problems that come with smallish drivers. Overall I have just kept them- I'll probably change them at some point, like when the kids are out of college.

what problems do you find with smallish drivers ?
cheers

advertisement

Back