advertisement

Audio Note Japan S-9

Biker Boy

pfm Member
Hi, I am looking to get SUT and one of the above is available, does anyone know about this SUT it was made in 1987, has captive leads.
Thanks in advance.

Doug:confused::confused::confused:

I've heard an s-9 in my system, although only for a few hours. Good bit of kit, and a proper Kondo Audionote too. Should be fine if the price is right (as always.) If pricey borrow a step up from Music First...I use one and they are seriously classy. I'd like to hear one against the big Kondo, both are likely to give you a great performance (SUTs seem to me underrated...not least because there are loads of cheap ones about, some fine, some not so fine!)

The ANS9 is a superb SUT, fully silver wired and with a wide range of options for loading all kinds of MC cartridges. It uses very high quality switches and the adjustable loading is achieved using various values of tantalum film resistors.

It can be used with cartridges having extremely low output such as Audio Note's Io (0.05mV) up to higher output 0.6mV cartridges.

It would be difficult to find a better step up device (active or passive). Kondo's current SFz offers less flexibility and costs £££ yet the performance is broadly equivalent.

Hi Thanks for the advice so I would be able to use it with my Lyra Dorian which is 0.5 the offered price is £1200. Is that a far price, it is original condition.

Doug

My mistake. The AN-S9 was the smaller version without all of the switching options. That was AN-S7. AN-S9 is silver wired with a captive lead and will sound good working well with the Lyra but £1200 seems alot when the switching options/flexibility aren't there. It'd still be a challenge to find something better sounding other than another AN SUT though.

ANS9front.jpg

ANS9rear.jpg

advertisement

Back