advertisement

Audio Deluxe show march 23/24th

hifinutt

hifinutt
This looks worth a visit , as someone just mentioned last year they had the stratton acoustics there amongst many other brands

I will be there again this year.

The Boyer Room last year had possibly the most 'impressive' sounding system I've ever heard. Can't recall the speakers, but I do recall they were using £130k valve power amps from a Swedish company called Engstrom. Also some ridiculous looking speaker cables from Shunyata that looked more like plumbing accessories than cables. Sounded incredible though.

Will definitely be heading to the Boyer room again this year.

yes same for many these days !!! Those interest rates going up have put thousands on many folks bills

It's just up the road from me, so I might give it a go. I could always have a nice breakfast at Super Sausage on the way...

I will be there again this year.

The Boyer Room last year had possibly the most 'impressive' sounding system I've ever heard. Can't recall the speakers, but I do recall they were using £130k valve power amps from a Swedish company called Engstrom. Also some ridiculous looking speaker cables from Shunyata that looked more like plumbing accessories than cables. Sounded incredible though.

Will definitely be heading to the Boyer room again this year.
I’ll be sat next to you, that system was stunning

Great show once again with the star of the show being the Boyer room once again.
This room was simply way ahead of the rest, it was simply stunning with everything they through at at.
The million pound system was nothing special at all.
The big keff speaker's sounded OK.
Absolute sounds guy talked his normal crap.
The only real disappointment was missing the live performance and the reel to reel not working in the chasing the dragon room.

But if you are going today certainly make sure you visit the boyer room, infact probably not a bad idea to just stay there till the show ends as it is that stunning

Great show once again with the star of the show being the Boyer room once again.
This room was simply way ahead of the rest, it was simply stunning with everything they through at at.
Agreed but I also liked the Audio group from Denmark room. Could have spent much more time there but they kept cutting the songs short. The back ground canvas of Denmark was also just great, very calming & beautiful.

Absolute sounds guy talked his normal crap.
Yes, thought I went in for a demonstration & 75% of the dem was him just chatting, although some of it was interesting. Little was said about the system & the strange black box on the speaker cables. Asked afterwards they said it wasn't something we really like to talk about but in some sort of explanation it was to do with making sure all the frequencies arrive at the same time to the speaker's. For some reason being half way along a speaker cable was beneficial.

The only real disappointment was missing the live performance and the reel to reel not working in the chasing the dragon room.
That was disappointing because I missed that demo last year.

The main Boyer system was well over half a million quid too... with the streamer nearly quarter of a million...

Streamer - £230k (Wadax Reference Server - £55k, Wadax Reference Power Supply - £42k, Wadax Reference DAC - £133k)
Pre amplifier - £50k (Engstrom Monica)
Power amplifiers - £142k (Engstrom Eric)
Speakers - £64k (Kroma Matilde)

...plus £££ for the massive fancy cables etc.

However, it was the best sound I've ever heard from a hifi... by quite a margin. They kindly played me a track I was very familiar with... Feelings from The Monty Alexander Trio (on Montreux Alexander - Live! At The Montreux Festival)... and having heard Monty Alexander last year at Ronnie Scott's, it was a very close second in terms of experiencing a live performance.

If Boyer ever run a room again, I'll be there... utterly incredible.

Oh, and Antonio Forcione was also astonishing... the sounds he creates from his guitar had to be seen to be believed. What an artist.

Good fun :)

advertisement

Back