advertisement

Atoll IN 300 - Anyone got / heard one?

Witterings

Witterings
Interested in any feed back anyone may have on the IN 300 in general, if you've bought one and if so what you had before and what else you compared it against or anyone that auditioned it and bought something you felt was better and if so what you bought instead / preferred and why.

Also does anybody know anything about their relability and customer service.

There's generally not a lot of information about them which is a little concerning as they don't seem to have a lot of uptake, the only review I can find is by The British Audiophile but the way he drops Hegel's name into everything he does it wouldn't surprise me if Hegel sposored him but I could be totally wrong about that.

This is an amplifier I was/ am also interested in. There is a local dealer stocks the brand but hasn’t had one in stock. To give me a flavour of what I could expect from the bigger amplifier he leant me an SDA200 which is an all-in-one based on their IN200 amplifier but I didn’t really get along with it. I contacted @Muttley2 on this forum and he is very keen on it and may well reply. I will continue to follow your post to see how things pan out. Might have to insist my local dealer gets one for dem.

and here I am...

I did quite a few amp tests. The IN300 is a step up from the 200 which I found a little too mid forward. To my ears the 300 had a much more natural sound than the Hegel. Smooth natural detailed with good soundstage. The DAC inside is as good as my old Teddy DAC from memory. I now use a topping D90 which is just a bit more revealing and incisive. The IN300 takes about 30 mins to warm up from cold so don't judge it too soon. It just leaves you listening to music not the system if you get the gist. I got mine through Harrow Audio who were brilliant in lending me lots of equipment to try at home.

This is an amplifier I was/ am also interested in. There is a local dealer stocks the brand but hasn’t had one in stock. To give me a flavour of what I could expect from the bigger amplifier he leant me an SDA200 which is an all-in-one based on their IN200 amplifier but I didn’t really get along with it. I contacted @Muttley2 on this forum and he is very keen on it and may well reply. I will continue to follow your post to see how things pan out. Might have to insist my local dealer gets one for dem.

I was trying to find one to demo and spoke with the distributor, they were really helpful and gave me the nearest daeler to me and said have a word and see if they've got one in, if not call us back and we can arrange to get a unit down to them.

and here I am...

I did quite a few amp tests. The IN300 is a step up from the 200 which I found a little too mid forward. To my ears the 300 had a much more natural sound than the Hegel. Smooth natural detailed with good soundstage. The DAC inside is as good as my old Teddy DAC from memory. I now use a topping D90 which is just a bit more revealing and incisive. The IN300 takes about 30 mins to warm up from cold so don't judge it too soon. It just leaves you listening to music not the system if you get the gist. I got mine through Harrow Audio who were brilliant in lending me lots of equipment to try at home.

Did you actually buy one or was this a demo and any idea what sort of level your were listening to it at?

Yes I did buy one after demoing. I tend to listen at low to medium levels not quite sure what you what you want to know here.

Yes I did buy one after demoing. I tend to listen at low to medium levels not quite sure what you what you want to know here.

Yes sorry, from your 1st post it wasn't clear it you'd actually bought one which is testament in itself, certainly Hegel is one of the others I was considering but there are quite a lot of comments saying they're a great amp but quite dry.

I know you mention you do quite a lot of low to medium, certainly that's one of the main reason for me looking at this as I do a lot of low level listening and everyone says look at high current amps and these have the two transformers and is what appealed as theoretically it should help.

I think I get a little concerned when a product's not quite so main stream as you wonder what the customer service is like, but also they're possibly less likely to survive if there was a major recession (maybe more likely to with lower overheads ... the unknown) in which case any replacement parts may not be available.

@Columbo .... had seen that video thank you, certainly interesting as it covers a number of amps that could be considered in the same price bracket 👍

The amp is great ticking over or full on. There seems to be a lot of headroom to spare. I get the impression Atoll are much bigger on the continent. I did throw a few questions at them in English and got very prompt responses which was reassuring. My dealer is also extremely helpful and is selling quite a few of these. At low level the speakers will probably play a part in achieving your goal

The Attol 300 looks really well built, wonder if they are made in EU ?

Hand Assembled​

At its HQ and factory in Brécey, Normandy, all of its products are hand assembled, from, wherever it can, components sourced in France. And when I say assembled by hand, that’s what they are – components are inserted and soldered by hand, because Atoll believes that is the best way to do it.

Hand Assembled​

At its HQ and factory in Brécey, Normandy, all of its products are hand assembled, from, wherever it can, components sourced in France. And when I say assembled by hand, that’s what they are – components are inserted and soldered by hand, because Atoll believes that is the best way to do it.

They'd wouldn't think so if they had me on the soldering line 🤣🤣🤣🤣

advertisement

Back