advertisement

Atheist TV

What’s new? Much current tv , media , opinion, comedy and fashion is atheistic in underlying philosophy and inspiration. It's so easy and requires no effort.

It’s no surprise.
:)

It's a shame, Christian Broadcasting has provided years of amusement ( apart from the fact that they've shilled elderly widows out of their life savings). I always tune in when I'm in the States. Highlights are when the beloved Pastor who rails against debauchery gets caught coming out of a brothel or in bed with a rent boy.

Yes that's definitely funny.

Norman - all of what you say is true here at least. I just think it's great to see some dissent gaining traction in one of the countries that needs it most. I wish them lots of luck with their venture.

Rich

Yep that's the sort of story that makes me howl Decameron. Norman, I think it takes more effort, and more thought to declare oneself atheist. It takes no thought and a good degree of submission to allow oneself to be brainwashed.

Some good news from the US. It seems that loony right wing evangelical Christian fundamentalism is on the wane, particularly among the young.

I've seen no evidence of it. If anything, it seems like the younger generations are flaunting their religiosity in public. Can't escape it in the workplace either.

I've seen no evidence of it. If anything, it seems like the younger generations are flaunting their religiosity in public. Can't escape it in the workplace either.

Maybe dependent on location ? I don't come across much overt religiosity here in Mass. Apart from maybe the Bruins fans.

Maybe dependent on location ? I don't come across much overt religiosity here in Mass. Apart from maybe the Bruins fans.

Down here in the Bible Belt there seems to be a resurgence, they seem to be newly empowered

Anything that chips away at religious belief is a good thing. Its going to take a long time though. As an atheist I believe religious feelings are about 500 years behind evolved thought.

Organised religion continues to cause serious divisive problems in the world. I dont see why atheists should hide their views as if its something to be ashamed of.

Unfortunately, Atheists are getting as bad/radicalised as religious nuts. This just further strengthens this whole 'side taking'.

Me? I'm not religious or an Atheist. I'm just not interested.

Atheists are starting to look and sound like religious people, which is fine by me, they can be lumped in the the same "silently pity" category as religious types.

Atheism is like religion, Its an irrelevance, its time and thought consuming, it's an impediment, the question of not believing in god is as ridiculous as believing in god and if this constant stream of books, talks and new media is designed to save and inform people from the evils of religiouity, then, frankly, they need a good kicking.

I'm not even sorry. Its irrelevant, atheism is irrelevant, religion is irrelevant and instead of throwing gasoline on the fire of the world's problems atheism is just throwing some this else. I wish they all just get a room.

Please mr atheist, **** off with mr religious nutbar and leave people that just don't care to not cause grief and shit and hassle for our short, indeterminate sometimes self destructive lives.

Atheists are starting to look and sound like religious people, which is fine by me, they can be lumped in the the same "silently pity" category as religious types.

Atheism is like religion, Its an irrelevance, its time and thought consuming, it's an impediment, the question of not believing in god is as ridiculous as believing in god and if this constant stream of books, talks and new media is designed to save and inform people from the evils of religiouity, then, frankly, they need a good kicking.

I'm not even sorry. Its irrelevant, atheism is irrelevant, religion is irrelevant and instead of throwing gasoline on the fire of the world's problems atheism is just throwing some this else. I wish they all just get a room.

Please mr atheist, **** off with mr religious nutbar and leave people that just don't care to not cause grief and shit and hassle for our short, indeterminate sometimes self destructive lives.
Pretty much sums up what should be told to every atheist hero on PFM. Religious zealots deserve it too but there aren't too many around here.

Atheism is simply the lack of religious belief. The tedious campaigning anti-religion types really need a new definition of their own as they are to my mind something else entirely.

Lack of religious belief indicates at least a willing to engage with the notion of religious belief (even if it is to refute it) which is on the same level as engaging with the notion of a hypothetical fundamental particle not yet even imagined. Atheism is therefore as retarded as theism because it places itself in the context of not belief. It in fact helps create a space for theists to exist by giving them a reason to feel persecuted (which they just love) and atheists have a group to point at and say "these people are deluded".

Well in that time all that energy could have been spent doing something else.

I don't believe in lots of things but I don't waste my finite energy on even thinking about the things I don't beleieve in. Atheists, like theists, remind me of stuff I just do not need to think about in my life.

Lack of religious belief indicates at least a willing to engage with the notion of religious belief (even if it is to refute it) which is on the same level as engaging with the notion of a hypothetical fundamental particle not yet even imagined. Atheism is therefore as retarded as theism because it places itself in the context of not belief. It in fact helps create a space for theists to exist by giving them a reason to feel persecuted (which they just love) and atheists have a group to point at and say "these people are deluded".

Well in that time all that energy could have been spent doing something else.

I don't believe in lots of things but I don't waste my finite energy on even thinking about the things I don't beleieve in. Atheists, like theists, remind me of stuff I just do not need to think about in my life.

I find it impossible to cut myself off from religion in that degree as it is everywhere and the behaviour of more extreme followers the world over is just so bizarre and a regular news item (I/P, Isis etc etc). It even exists here in our state schools and to a degree our laws. Even if one starts from the standpoint of zero belief or interest in theology religion still exists as a factor in our day to day life. I'd argue it was therefore something about which a person is likely to hold a view.

Atheism is simply the lack of religious belief. The tedious campaigning anti-religion types really need a new definition of their own as they are to my mind something else entirely.

Agnosticism is a lack of religious belief.

Atheism is a belief in the non-god. It shares the same absolutist thinking of those who believe in god.

advertisement

Back