advertisement

ATC SCM20-2 actives

Hell of a lot of speaker for that money. Remember they will save you the cost of a couple of power amps too!
They would sound sublime after the tweeter upgrade too. I would be tempted but I’ve just spent my pocket money

ATC have just given me some info - they date from November/December 2002, so are almost 21 years old. They mentioned that a full amp recap, reconing of bass/mid drivers, and replacement of tweeters should be expected at this stage. Could be expensive!

EDIT; ATC have kindly given an estimate for the service, repair and replacement work they mentioned - the total cost is approx. £2.1K, pre-VAT. If these speakers sell for, say £1.5K, you're then looking at a total cost of approx. £4K. I'm sure that they would sound excellent, but that's quite a lot for a 21 year old speaker. Decisions ...

Ah sorry, I thought that was BIN. Hmmm. I think you would get a hell of a lot of pleasure as they are, and then you could work towards servicing and changing the tweeter for the excellent home-grown one. I'm puzzled by the 'reconing' - perhaps you mean new surrounds, which probably are getting a bit long in the tooth. At least ATC continue to support them.

Yes, I'm sure you're right, but it is good to know the costs of servicing and upgrades directly from ATC. By the way, it was ATC that mentioned possible reconing of the bass/mid drivers, and they also said that they those drivers might need to be replaced if they had developed any rust.

advertisement

Back