advertisement

ATC & Resonessence - Some proper system pics

It all makes sense now, the Invicta puts on the light show for when you're into the groove of Limahl's greatest "hits". Is 'Never Ending Story' your fave and is it like being in an episode of Top of the Pops from 1986? ;-)

Seriously tho, lovely setup sir...

I just wish you'd taken the opportunity to trial the INVICTA, Its proper prosumer gear, ya'now, 2013 chique ;) Just like the 25's...
My music collection is way cool, in fact its positively outta this world!.

Thanks, Tiz my joy :)

Surely a prime candidate for the Mana in the classifieds?

Far too neat and tidy as it stands.

The term "Mullet" really only applies to analogue throwback systems. Vuk is naturally a bit discombobulated, a throwback with a pre enlightenment fetish for black stand voodoo, grasping for some sense of the old world order.

For a virtual mullet, one ought to spend more on the tablet than the DAC really, actually the DAC ought to cost less than all the interconnects £30 ought to see it. I am the undisputed king of mullets. To aspire, one needs a FiFi: I might get a second and spray it Twilight Sparkle Purple (for analytical listening) and keep the Pinkie Pie Pink FiFi for party music and gobs and gobs of Andrew WK. May get a third and spray it orange for Country and Western, but that may be taking it too far.

My music collection is so freaking cool it needs to be stored in a server facility in Nevada, and remotely streamed over the internet. I need to pay £10 a month to access it... its that awesome. ;)

Ya gotta admire the dedication, a room full of pony love :) Re, mullet/music collection, this is a 22nd century system; when the entire info highway is full and corrupt with disease and bile, I'll remain pig ignorant in my own Nevada.

Merlin, I've only ever owned 1 HiFi stand and that was a Target jobbie to visually match some R1/1SC's with a Naim system back in the 90's. I've always created my own solutions.

Kinda; made some speakers. With them i made stands ala Ron Arad, from Scaffolding and scaffold boards. Seas drivers, simple X/O, and were finished in sawn marine ply and concrete. System then was LP12/Cyrus 2/PSX/Cyrus DAD7000 :)

AradConcreteSystem_zpsce2dd32b.jpg

Ya gotta admire the dedication, a room full of pony love :) Re, mullet/music collection, this is a 22nd century system; when the entire info highway is full and corrupt with disease and bile, I'll remain pig ignorant in my own Nevada.

I have a simple solution to doing the right thing which is do the opposite of what a audiophile recommends. Works every time. Without fail. Without exception. Especially avoid the graph-waving ones, these guys look at graphs and then hear the effect before its even been heard. In fact they no longer need to hear it! Superb. Count me out. If I find an even worse graphed DAC, I'm signing up for it! Until then my Pinkie Pie FiFi rools the roost.

Its not all disease out there. There are other pockets of pure joy on the Internet, Soundcloud, Bandcamp and Equestria Daily are but a few of them. In a few years time we will be able to store the entire sum of all music ever recorded on a device the size of a Harry Potter novel (an early one, before Rowling got too wordy).

Smaller hopefully, becoming the size of an earpiece and powered by kinetic energy :)
PS, fraid Exist Strategy aren’t on spotiass, sadly. Buy can be found on YouTube and DL'ed from Junodownloads.com

Awesome! Also on Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/exist-strategy

http://soundcloud.com/exist-strategy/autumn-breeze is especially reminiscent of Marconi Union

I can just stream the 320kps Youtube via Airplay mirroring. Nice sunday morning wake up music.

Now if the Invicta or Concero can take a 128GB SD card i'm set. I don't care if the thing measures better. A thing with a SD card for local music is perfect. Its also a nice near-Twilight Sparkle Colour.

Ainit Just, even the grey clouds full of drizzle and rain outside look happy today :) It got bass i didn't even know my speakers could master. Got to be some of the lowest notes I've hread for a long time. The last track, Untitled is just :) Track 6 has me all over the place - such a happy uplifting track.

Just found another, will pursue the the DL from't net like. http://www.discogs.com/Exist-Strategy-Horizon-Aura/release/3831398

Also free to DL from Bandcamp :) http://existstrategy.bandcamp.com/album/horizon-aura even in FLAC!!

The INVICTA can take 256GB SDXC cards..... hell it'll even take 2TB cards once they hit the market ;)

SDXC is the important bit. 256GB is £400-£500 quid so best to spend £100 or so on 128Gb and start filling, by the time you get to 128GB, the 512GBs will be out. It would only be for that which I cannot get via Spotify/Mog/Rdio/Soundcloud and so on. stuff I buy on Bandcamp or direct from artists. I am so completely done with physical media.

Does the Concero have SD support? A lot of the Invicta is useless to me. HDMI etc more inputs than I need etc...

EDIT: Ah, no. http://www.audiostream.com/content/resonessence-labs-concero-dac

spacey.

you realize that you have a mullet system there.

vuk.

Vuk,
with all these new up-to-date DACs/streamers, hasn't the situation changed, compared to the golden years of Vinyl or expensive CD players?
And don't you underestimate the importance of very good speakers?

JC
PS. it's just a question as I don't think I have a mullet system (LP12, naim52/250 into Ergo-IXs)

advertisement

Back