advertisement

Atc active 19 vs 20

chris peacock

I’ve been following all the recent atc active threads with great interest. My room is about 4 by 4.5m so looking at the 19a. There is also the scm20aslt on atc website. What is the difference with the 19a? More wood finishes and almost double price but what else? Any difference at moderate level?

thanks in advance.

19 litre v 20 litre, both use same mid/bass unit, 19's use SH25-76 HF unit v 20's Super SH25-76S HF unit, power 19's LF 150w/HF 32w v 20's LF 200w/HF 50w, 19's cabinets are from the far east v 20's cabinets are from the UK and 20's offer higher quality and quantity of finishes.

Also very interested if anyone has compared these. The 20’s certainly look like the proper ‘ATC’ speaker.

Those room dimensions are going to give a broad mode centred some where around 40-45 hz.

The main issue will be to have a significant roll off before there IME.

Forgive me if the frequencies are out. It's been a long time :)

I’ve been following all the recent atc active threads with great interest. My room is about 4 by 4.5m so looking at the 19a. There is also the scm20aslt on atc website. What is the difference with the 19a? More wood finishes and almost double price but what else? Any difference at moderate level?
Some comparative views under the thread "SCM19A vs SCM20ASL Pro Mk2?" are available on ATC forums if that helps (note that Brad Lunde is the US distributor).

Hi, I’m very happy with the 19A. Aesthetically, I’ll prefer the Tower series 20A, however, the 20A cost quite a bit more than the 19A. Nevertheless, I’m happy with the 19A purchase and did not think about the 20A again. I have a smaller room than yours.

Bit like asking whether you want punching in the face or kicking in the balls.

Did you have a nasty experience with ATC when you are a child or something ? Sure as shittin', every time they are mentioned, you come on like Harvey Keitel in the "Duellists". Please don't ever stop, your reaction is one thing we can rely on in this crazy unpredictable world. Sir, I salute your indefatigibilty !

Did you have a nasty experience with ATC when you are a child or something ? Sure as shittin', every time they are mentioned, you come on like Harvey Keitel in the "Duellists". Please don't ever stop, your reaction is one thing we can rely on in this crazy unpredictable world. Sir, I salute your indefatigibilty !
He prefers pairs of KEFKIT 3s wired in amplifier destroying parallel in funny boxes. He’s welcome!

Hi, I’m very happy with the 19A. Aesthetically, I’ll prefer the Tower series 20A, however, the 20A cost quite a bit more than the 19A. Nevertheless, I’m happy with the 19A purchase and did not think about the 20A again. I have a smaller room than yours.
Thanks Sunshine, I’ll have to get both models in the house to see if the price difference is worth it, otherwise the 19a look really like a great proposition.

David, I was starting a genuine thread with a genuine interest ...
Sorry Chris,

have you heard one or the other already?

Is there not a dealer that can play you them side by side?

if you’re absolutely set on ATC, why not consider passive SCM40 and then enjoy the ‘sublime’ dome mid?

advertisement

Back