advertisement

ATC 100A Upgrades

breadvan

Hi there, I have an older pair of 100A, with a 13xx serial number.

Can anyone advise me of possible driver\amp upgrade path, such as their SL Super Linear drivers, etc.? I have not been following enough lately, so any advice or sharing is much appreciated.

Yep, phone Ben Lillie at ATC. I had my 100s upgraded when the new midrange surround and bass port came out, and a full recap. They even provided flight cases for transit. You should be able to get SL mid and bass drivers for yours, the new port, and possibly the new tweeter. And a recap is probably due.

Yep, phone Ben Lillie at ATC. I had my 100s upgraded when the new midrange surround and bass port came out, and a full recap. They even provided flight cases for transit. You should be able to get SL mid and bass drivers for yours, the new port, and possibly the new tweeter. And a recap is probably due.

Thanks Andy, please check PM.

wouldn't you need slightly different electronics / crossover, inside if you have different drivers, ie upgraded new,
as you can tell i have never owned a pair of active's

wouldn't you need slightly different electronics / crossover, inside if you have different drivers, ie upgraded new,
as you can tell i have never owned a pair of active's

ATC adjust the settings on the crossover to suit the drive units if and when you have things changed.

I had mine done a few years back (new SL drivers, amp pack recap and service and new midrange wave guides). ATC will quote you the list price but if you give Rick at Musiccraft a ring he might be able to give you a better price. I took the speakers down to the factory myself and had the factory tour while the work was carried out.

I had mine done a few years back (new SL drivers, amp pack recap and service and new midrange wave guides). ATC will quote you the list price but if you give Rick at Musiccraft a ring he might be able to give you a better price. I took the speakers down to the factory myself and had the factory tour while the work was carried out.

Nice, how do you like the updated speakers?

Nice, how do you like the updated speakers?

To be perfectly honest I didn't hear any major differences after the upgrade. Part of the reason I did it was to prolong the life of the speakers and any improvements in sound quality were a bonus. I had recently sold my CD, Turntable & Preamp so I had some spare cash to spend and I felt it was a worthwhile investment.

advertisement

Back