advertisement

At Last... The KC62

Great, sounds very promising. Further questions arise.

1) Does this kind of approach really only make sense when you are using small monitors like LS50s or JR149s, or would the KF62 work well with medium sized speakers to supplement and augment the bass?

2) the answer to 1 is yes, would a lower crossover point work just as well? I'm asking this without really knowing the range of the crossover point on the KF62, which goes back to the question on my previous post. The ZRB seemed to me to have a cleverly chosen crossover point (as did the Gradient dipoles) at a little above 100Hz. So is the KF62 meant to take over the lower bass entirely, and relieve the pressure on the main driver? If so, it would allow a driver like that on the LS50 focus on what it does best. But that might not make so much sense with an 8 or 10 inch mid/bass driver.

Firstly, I have corrected my earlier post to KC (from KF).
Secondly the spec says high pass crossover frequencies can be varied between 40 to 120Hz and low pass between 40Hz and 140Hz.
IMO it will provide the greatest benefit when the main speaker is relieved of the need to make large excursions and particularly if you can avoid output from the port or passive radiator.

It will surely be very attractive to many people, especially wirelessly and integrated with streaming services,

advertisement

Back