advertisement

Asustor NAS and Cambridge audio NP30

bar28

I have Asustor NAS AS202TE where I have stored numerous FLAC audio files. I'm listening them via Cambridge audio NP30 network player. What can be wrong, that each files has a duplicate name's on NP30 display, but those "ghost" name not contain any information. When I'm looking NAS drive from PC, I can't see there any duplicate names. Is something wrong on my network settings or how can remove those additional names from NP30?

I am afraid that I am not familiar with your NP30, but I use a Bluesound Node2 and often have indexing problems. Everything is great on my PC where I have the music in my iTunes library, and everything looks correct on the SSD which feeds the streamer. My research into this issue suggests that the metadata underlying some of my albums is the cause of the problem. It is infuriating in the extreme, as the more I try to fix it, the worse it seems to get. I have deleted complete albums, reloaded them, followed guidance from forums etc, but nothing seems to make a difference. I know that this does not help you, but be assured that you are not alone in this issue.

Excatly! You understood my problem perfectly. I have tried to do same as you, but no effect at all. If I have same music files on USB stick and playing them via NP30 such a name issue not occur. Let's hope, if someone can have good advices on this problem

Excatly! You understood my problem perfectly. I have tried to do same as you, but no effect at all. If I have same music files on USB stick and playing them via NP30 such a name issue not occur. Let's hope, if someone can have good advices on this problem

I was messing around today with a new album. I started to rip it, but it took forever and I had to stop part way. Then I tried again, but it did not show up on my SSD, so I did it a third time. Guess what, when I put the SSD into my streamer, all songs were duplicated and those that I had started ripping and stopped were on there 3 times. Yet, they only appear once on the SSD. However, I was advised to delete the index on the streamer and create a new one. It worked, the duplicates have gone. Now, if I could fix the artwork then I would be even happier. Have you tried that?

I was messing around today with a new album. I started to rip it, but it took forever and I had to stop part way. Then I tried again, but it did not show up on my SSD, so I did it a third time. Guess what, when I put the SSD into my streamer, all songs were duplicated and those that I had started ripping and stopped were on there 3 times. Yet, they only appear once on the SSD. However, I was advised to delete the index on the streamer and create a new one. It worked, the duplicates have gone. Now, if I could fix the artwork then I would be even happier. Have you tried that?

Thanks from the advices, but how you managed to deleted those index from the streamer?

Thanks from the advices, but how you managed to deleted those index from the streamer?

My streamer indexes on power up, but can be forced to reindex through a drop down menu. I get the impression, from looking around the tinternet, that the Bluesound software is a bit touchy. Sometimes need to do multiple reindexing to see a result. Changing anything on it is pretty scary, does not follow set rules!

advertisement

Back