advertisement

ASDA, why wouldn’t they take back my pan set?*

Well if it’s no longer permissible to add an additional charge for “payment using credit card”, then somebody needs to tell DVLA, coz they charged me £2.50 yesterday for paying my car tax by cc.

I have heard mixed comments on this. Some are saying no fee and some like you have been charged. I heard it had been removed late last year but clearly not. Most odd.

Complain directly to their MD (ceoemail.com.) If that fails, take them to the small claims court or whatever it is called now.

Thank you very much for that link - I’ve had a less than pleasant experience regarding a house insurance claim, and I’d drafted a letter to send in. However, when I saw your link I tried that path instead, emailing the CEO with the contents of the letter.
I had a phone call within the hour from the executive department. They’ve raised an official complaint and are looking into our case now.
Brilliant stuff!

Mick

Well if it’s no longer permissible to add an additional charge for “payment using credit card”, then somebody needs to tell DVLA, coz they charged me £2.50 yesterday for paying my car tax by cc.
Sorry Chris, but I've paid for my car, 'bike, and Linda's car tax this year, with no CC charge on the gov.uk website. I usually use a Debit card, but noticed they weren't charging (for Visa anyway).

Graeme.

Remember the good ol' days when you could saunter into M&S with a Christmas present someone give you 10 years ago and get a full refund - as long as it was in a green M&S bag.

HMRC wanted around £8 to pay my Class 1A National Insurance last week by Credit Card but was free when I switched to a debit card.

Remember the good ol' days when you could saunter into M&S with a Christmas present someone give you 10 years ago and get a full refund - as long as it was in a green M&S bag.
Yeah. We can have that back once we're out of the EU, innit.

Sorry Chris, but I've paid for my car, 'bike, and Linda's car tax this year, with no CC charge on the gov.uk website. I usually use a Debit card, but noticed they weren't charging (for Visa anyway).

Graeme.

Hi Graeme,

And the amount I pay is always more than is printed on the V11... V11 states £315, actually paid £325. I presume it’s because of the latest round of tax increases. Why the h3ll can’t they print the correct payment on the form? It’s not rocket science.

Anyway, had Sue’s TT serviced post-Easter, inc. cam belt & water pump - ouch. Brought it home on Tuesday, started it yesterday....bl00dy great red warning light.....insufficient coolant. And they were supposed to have road-tested it! The bill was “serious”; some change from a grand, but not much! That nDAC will have to wait.

Chris

Last edited:

advertisement

Back