advertisement

Arm suggestions for Systemdek 111?

Taff63

pfm Member
Hi

I've just bought a Dunlop Systemdek 111 and wonder if anybody can suggest a suitable arm for it? Budget would come in at about £300-£400 assuming I still use the Denon 160 I have at the moment as an interim cart. I was thinking of something along the lines of a modified Rega or S/H Nima?

Any suggestions welcome.

thanks

You've already answered the question - as both of the arms you've mentioned along with the J.A. Michell Technoarm would in fact make great options and are the ones most commonly used with the Systemdek's I've seen in the states over the years. Cheers,Oscar

Are you considering buying second hand? Only I've heard Systemdecks work very well with the Keith Hadcock unipivot and also an old Mayware unipivot.These devices are surprisingly fine, and to my ears sound distinctly better than a rega based device..sweeter and more lyrical. And the Systemdeck is a fine deck which can make use of such virtues.

I've had the Australian version of the Mayware. Believe me, the Rega arms are much better.

I wouldn't discount the Mission 774. Oh, and I prefer the Maywares to Regas I've heard. Not done an A-B on the same deck though.

I think ultimately it will take any arm you can lay your hands on. All that remains is choosing one that works with the Denon 160. Not sure what the figures are for that.

advertisement

Back