advertisement

Ariston RD11e Armboard

MJS

Technical Tinkerer
I'm rebuilding one of these decks. Previously it had an RB300 and the mounting hole for that was just perfect. However I'm trying a Linn geometry arm on it now (Basik LVV) which has a smaller spindle to mount distance. No problem, I'll flip the circular arm mount round so that the cutout is nearer the spindle. Well it sort of works, it's out by about 4mm and I just can't get the cartridge far enough back into the headshell for spot on alignment.

I suspect I'll have the same problem if I try the original mount position and not having enough forward moement. Given the RD11e has a plastic circular 87mm diameter mount for the arm does anyone know where I can get a blank to drill? I'm considering designing one and getting it 3d printed, has anyone tried that either?

The arm board appears to be 10mm nylon or similar material.

Vinyl Engine will have a template, print it out and then you can make one from ply, mdf or similar. No need for 3d printing, simple hand tools will do it.

In fact I did precisely this for a fishie a few years ago, I was at a loose end and it was a pleasant little project.

advertisement

Back