advertisement

Are you happy with your hifi?

I think i am there but you never know. Once you get on this merry go round its hard to get off.

I'm quite content with what I own. But wish I had heard the more upscale version of my DeVore Fidelity Gibbon 3's - the 3XL's in a better system when I first listened to them both in 2009, as I'd have preferred them overall. Yet as matters stand - I'm on a cartridge quest for about 5-8 cartridges and I'm done. I merely don't see continuing to make lateral upgrades if that?, and be happy with my well balanced and carefully chosen system as it stands. In the end it merely comes down to realizing where we must all draw the line!, things can sound slightly different then what I own, but soundwise I'm happier then I've been in 10 years of searching for the Illusion of TAS. It's all about the LP collection in my view. Regards,Oscar

Happy with what I've got. Was looking to buy a new cartridge on the weekend but thought naah, what I've got is already hard to beat.

It's a modest setup, by the way. Amp and speakers haven't changed in 5 or more years - amp 14 years, now I come to think of it.

Really impressed with what I have
MDAC- Bi Amped NVA's - ATC scm35's, sounding incredible. But I hope I will always be on a journey getting closer

I don't think the perfect Hi-Fi exists. Once you realise that it's a lot easier to be happy with what you have.

Having said that, I've heard a lot of Hi-Fi systems over the years and mine stacks up pretty well. I don't feel any need or strong desire to change it.

I've been trying to get to a great system for years and somehow I have got there. Astonishingly much is my own workish.

Part of the hobby to upgrade or downgrade

Don't know anyone that's said that's it!

Perhaps its because I am an old git I have to say that my HiFi system exceeds what I ever thought was possible to have at home. A seat at a live venue - sometimes better!

This is from both vinyl and ripped CDs.

Cheers,

DV

Yeah, it's got a really tight bottom end.

DSC_0007.jpg

Perhaps its because I am an old git I have to say that my HiFi system exceeds what I ever thought was possible to have at home. A seat at a live venue - sometimes better!

This is from both vinyl and ripped CDs.

Cheers,

DV

Not surprising given your great taste in speakers. :)

advertisement

Back