advertisement

Are Fuses in Plugs Directional ?

Given

Just been on the Green Forum and in their lounge there is a post about changing plug fuses.
The poster said that the treble was much smoother after changing the direction of the fuse..i.e 180 degrees
I think he is an OCD type personally ...disects every nuance of his system...listens to the equipment type
Any of you lot tried it ?
Personally I think it's absolute Foo of the highest ...laughable order
But is there scientific proof ?

Some people could convince themselves that wiping a fuse with say vinegar or shoe polish will improve the sound immensely. We all know it's ludicrous but on the other hand if they convince themselves that it is so - where's the harm other than to their wallet. Let them wallow in self delusion.

Some people could convince themselves that wiping a fuse with say vinegar or shoe polish will improve the sound immensely. We all know it's ludicrous but on the other hand if they convince themselves that it is so - where's the harm other than to their wallet. Let them wallow in self delusion.
I like this copy for an Audio Magic(!) fuse containing beeswax.

Audio Magic uses Beeswax here instead of the normal anti-vibration fluid, yielding a very organic flavor ... the organic, liquid sound is too good to ignore.

They stop short of claiming it has a sweet, honeyed soundstage that's creating a real buzz but I'm pretty sure they're winding us up.

I have some phono connectors by cambridge audio and they have direction indicators....presumably the same logic, or lack thererof applies?

[——]

That’s what it looks like. Two caps. Wire. Soldered. Ceramic tube encased.

Have you tried aligning the amp with magnetic north? I tried true north but it didn’t seem right.

The poster also said on the Naim forum fuse thread that he is also going to take his 500 series equipment apart to check the fuses are indeed in the right direction...internally on the boards....

advertisement

Back