advertisement

Are all dry cleaners equal?

Bravefart

Bit of a quick one here, but I've decided to launder all my clothes, and some woolens need to be dry cleaned. So, are all dry cleaners equal?

No but how do you determine which ones are good without trying them? I took stuff back to one chain because there were still food stains on a suit and the manageress tried to give me a bollocking for complaining, I’ve found supermarket ones like Morrisons to be very good.

I wash woolens by hand. Depends on what wool is used, mine are merino, sea cotton and cashmere, bit of a palaver but no mishaps for a few yonks. No need to wash them too often if you air them after wearing.

I use a dry cleaner 30 miles away as he’s bloody brilliant at what he does!

All I got from a local dry cleaners was excuses and bits of paper saying that stains can’t be removed.

I had some dealings with a company that supplied dry cleaners and when I asked them where to take my suits I was surprised to hear about all the bad dry cleaners. They kept going on about water in the machine which messed up my lapels.

I wash woolens by hand. Depends on what wool is used, mine are merino, sea cotton and cashmere, bit of a palaver but no mishaps for a few yonks. No need to wash them too often if you air them after wearing.
I wash merino on the gentlest wm cycle, can't be arsed to wash by hand these days. They come out ok, as I only wash them once or twice a year.

advertisement

Back