advertisement

[FS] Arcam FMJ D33 DAC

eastone

pfm Member
Hi All

Reluctantly selling my D33 as it’s just slightly too hot on the output (2.2v) for my current system.

This is the best DAC I’ve heard for resolution and tactility. The stereo image is staggeringly ‘there’ - you really feel like you can reach out and touch it.

It’s based on dual BB chips and has two custom FPGA filters (linear and minimum phase) as well as the stock BB filter. Sound is free of glare and non-fatiguing.

USB implementation is very good with a Class 2 input and galvanically isolated Class 1 input.

Check out the Stereophile review and the Alan Sircom review in HF+ for measurements and subjective take.

It comes in its original box with manual and drivers cd (was plug n play on my Mac). Remote control included but bear in mind this only controls filter selection and standby operation.

It’s in very nice condition.

I paid £835+shipping for this.

Selling for £800 including fully insured UPS next day delivery.

Or can be collected from Edinburgh EH15.

Cheers

Ian

I own the same Dac and it is hands down the very best Dac I've ever owned or tried. I've had all kinds of Dacs, Chord, Rega etc. and the Arcam always came out on top.
Give it the very best mains cable and mains conditioner and the same with the interconnects. Having good support also helps......it will astound you. A very 'under the radar' dac, the best thing Arcam has ever produced.
Glws

I own the same Dac and it is hands down the very best Dac I've ever owned or tried. I've had all kinds of Dacs, Chord, Rega etc. and the Arcam always came out on top.
Give it the very best mains cable and mains conditioner and the same with the interconnects. Having good support also helps......it will astound you. A very 'under the radar' dac, the best thing Arcam has ever produced.
Glws
I'll second this. I too have one and it's great.

GLWS

Last edited:

advertisement

Back