advertisement

arcam assistance , "there's anybody out there"?!

I'm pretty sure that an Arcam warranty is transferable provided the item in question has been registered.

I was assuming in my post that by saying he bought the item new that means new as in sealed/unopened in it's original packaging & that the OP was not aware that the seller was unauthorised. That being the case then YES Arcam should absolutely honour the warranty & take immediate action to find out how brand new factory sealed goods came to be in the hands of unauthorised dealers. Shouldn't be difficult, the item can only have come from Arcam themselves or one of there authorised dealers.
TS

My reading of the first post indicates that the item is registered with Arcam? (for an extended warranty?). If so it should be fairly easy to sort out. Even more so if there is a local Italian contact point.

But is it registered? I know forms have been filled in but if this was "Clearance, closing down stock, cheap" or whatever on Ebay and now, funnily enough, the seller doesn't exist, then who knows what state it's in with regard to warranty. I am not surprised Arcam's initial response was "Nowt to do with us". If the buyer can show them otherwise then I am sure they will play ball but it all looks a bit out of the ordinary right now.

As I tried to suggest, I don't know the exact circumstances of the sale but, on the whole, this situation is what dealer margins pretty much prevent.....

It should be pointed out that just because the item has been purchased from an unauthorised dealer doesn't necessarily legally absolve the manufacturer from supplying goods fit for purpose so at the very least Arcam should be taking steps to find out what has gone wrong with this item.
BTW if the fuse in the plug blew on one of my pieces of kit I would at least want to know why before turning it on again.
TS

I'm pretty sure that an Arcam warranty is transferable provided the item in question has been registered.
I can confirm from personal experience that Arcam warranties are transferable - even if the item has not previously been registered.
But, for this to happen, the second user would have to provide proof of the legitimacy of the original purchase from an authorised dealer such as the first sale receipt.

Isn't odd all this though, not a particular pop at arcam, but what difference does it make, surely arcam can look at the serial number and trace at least its age and the first dealer it went to?

People have a pop at apple, but they seem to have the right idea. I got an iphone 10 from CEX, the speaker was not right so I went to the apple store, it was 11 months old so they fixed it, did not even ask how I obtained it.

I can confirm from personal experience that Arcam warranties are transferable - even if the item has not previously been registered.
But, for this to happen, the second user would have to provide proof of the legitimacy of the original purchase from an authorised dealer such as the first sale receipt.
So under the circumstances described it isn’t...

It is some years since I bought anything from Arcam but in my experience they were good at support, although there were poor for some time after a key member of staff left the company. I wrote to the MD & he resolved the problem I had. If the item was new at the time of purchase there should have been a warranty form showing the serial number & a covering letter from the MD. If you can give them this information it is likely that Arcam will resolve the matter but if you cannot I think you will have to pay. Strictly your warranty information should have been registered immediately after the purchase.

A friend of mine (sadly no longer with us) had his own independent repair business. Up until around 3 years ago he always said Arcam were the best audio company for non authorised support.

He could get through to an engineer at his bench and discuss any faults. The guy or maybe guys were super helpful even stripping boards from condemned machines to supply obsolete parts if necessary.

Unfortunately due to an incident the the above approach to non authorised repair shops was terminated.

I suspect the current relationship with small independent will remain and warranty repairs will of course be supported via their authorised dealers.

Hopefully the out of warranty repair costs via their dealers will not result in units being condemned as land fill!

A friend of mine (sadly no longer with us) had his own independent repair business. Up until around 3 years ago he always said Arcam were the best audio company for non authorised support.

He could get through to an engineer at his bench and discuss any faults. The guy or maybe guys were super helpful even stripping boards from condemned machines to supply obsolete parts if necessary.

Unfortunately due to an incident the the above approach to non authorised repair shops was terminated.

I suspect the current relationship with small independent will remain and warranty repairs will of course be supported via their authorised dealers.

Hopefully the out of warranty repair costs via their dealers will not result in units being condemned as land fill!
I’ve had a few dealings with Arcam in the past and yes, they were excellent, great support from the engineering team, going as far as to send me some parts for free after a friendly conversation.

thanks to everybody, as arcam told me the unit was an ex demo , they cant repair for free under warranty , the repairing will cost 350 euro, more or less what i paid , thanks to mr Anthony biffa, the gentleman who sold me the item and whom i tried to contact to solve the problem and after 3 emails never replied, well done mate, this is customer care...true gentleman...btw, i have tried to open the box, just to see if was a blown fuse the problem, but seems it is unremovable, as it is soldered on the board, looking better i found that a connector has a strange coloration as it burned ...

this is the power board

3B83Dfj

PxLyGYT

ZNQxMgc

advertisement

Back