advertisement

Arcam Alpha 9 preamp phono module?

jamesd

pfm Member
Shot in the dark here, but I wonder if anyone had a lead on where I could acquire the optional phono card that was available for the Arcam Alpha 9 preamplifier. Thanks

I’d give 2ndhandhifi a call in Stockton if you’re in the UK, or maybe a renowned service/retail store such as Wilkinsons in Nelson. Audiogold in London might be a shout also. It’s the kind of thing that someone will have in a drawer and never got round to getting rid.

I’d give 2ndhandhifi a call in Stockton if you’re in the UK, or maybe a renowned service/retail store such as Wilkinsons in Nelson. Audiogold in London might be a shout also. It’s the kind of thing that someone will have in a drawer and never got round to getting rid.

Thank you. I’m in the US, but I would assume the phono stages are the same in a 120v unit and 240v unit?

I tried contacting Arcam but no luck yet. Does anyone happen to have a part number for the card? I realize it’s unlikely, but thought I’d ask.

I paid very little for the preamp and don’t really want to spend more on the card than on the preamp itself, but I like it enough that I may end up doing just that.

I remember looking for 1 a couple of years ago but thought they was expensive considering what I’d payed for the Alpha 9. The used selling price for an Alpha 9 with/without the phono board on eBay wasn’t that different.

Just bought an off board phono stage instead.

advertisement

Back