advertisement

[WTD] Arcam A32, A38, C30 or C31 (in Silver)

shug4476

pfm Member
Looking for any one of these four, in silver.

If the A32, it needs to be the version that accepts banana plugs, not the older BFA version (which had older programming software and doesn't have some of the functionality I need).

There was an A32 on here a few weeks ago and I dithered and didn't snap it up in time.

no doubt you saw the lovely A38 at that shop in sheffield which has been there for months and months . stupid price of 950 , i did try an offer but it was rejected . might be worth another offer . there is a lot of overpriced rubbish but that one seemed genuine

seen a few c31 this year but no c30 at all

as you say very rare to find an a32 with no bfa . i do like my a85 with ordinary plugs but its not as good as a38

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
no doubt you saw the lovely A38 at that shop in sheffield which has been there for months and months . stupid price of 950 , i did try an offer but it was rejected . might be worth another offer . there is a lot of overpriced rubbish but that one seemed genuine

seen a few c31 this year but no c30 at all

as you say very rare to find an a32 with no bfa . i do like my a85 with ordinary plugs but its not as good as a38

Yes I have seen that A38 and contacted the seller, and informed him that it had almost no hope of selling that price. That must have been six months ago. It is still sat there.

I had an A32, the BFA model, which was simply wonderful sounding but the remote codes clashed with my AV9. I then got an updated A32 with the banana plug connectors but the seller packed it very poorly and it arrived heavily damaged.

Finally, I got hold of a pair of P1 monoblocks but they also arrived broken.

I do not know what is going on with eBay at the moment. I had years of using it without any significant trouble but have had a run of encounters on there with absolutely crazy people recently. I am now trying to avoid it!

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
yes the seller of that a38 just seems content to let it sit there , i know times are hard but thats just a bit odd . there have been a number of models since . hopefully someone on here will see this wanted ad

Looking for any one of these four, in silver.

If the A32, it needs to be the version that accepts banana plugs, not the older BFA version (which had older programming software and doesn't have some of the functionality I need).

There was an A32 on here a few weeks ago and I dithered and didn't snap it up in time.
That was probably mine. The C35 went to an auction house. Still got A80, A90 and some other Arcam bits that have got to go sometime.

Just to say @technobear (Chris) delivered to me today an absolutely pristine Arcam A32 in silver.

An absolute gentleman and I am sorry I could only say thank you with a brief coffee!
You're welcome and thank you for the coffee.

I hope the amp is giving you what you were looking for.

I had a great day out in Oxford. What a brilliant city. I wasn't able to go into New College today as they weren't accepting visitors but I think I walked the entire perimeter looking for the entrance (which was 20 feet from where I started looking - doh!). Great buildings. Great shopping. Loved the markets and arcades. So much great food to choose from. I think I will visit Oxford again. It could certainly teach Bristol and Bath a trick or two.

It is playing as I type. Tom Waits The Early Years: Volume One through my Rega P2 turntable. Definitely has the edge on my AV9 / P7 combo.

I have now acquired a pair of P1 monoblocks so I am back in the market for a C31, should anybody have one. Must be in silver to match the rest of the system.

At least you can use the A32 as a pre-amp in the meantime.

I am currently using it in that guise and it sounds glorious but I am curious to hear whether any gains are had from the C31, which I owned previously (with a view to buying P1s). After waiting years for a pair of P1s to appear, unsuccessfully, I moved the C31 but regretted it.

The AV9 has also turned out to be a surprisingly capable pre.

advertisement

Back