advertisement

AR Sound Greenlink vs Lunar

Kt77

pfm Member
Hi fellow music lovers,

As I've been enjoying my system more and more over the last 4 months, I've found it extremely hard to want to put fingers to pad as much as I once did, as I'm more or less happy with where my system is at - so I'm dedicating the next few month in finalizing my cabling loom.

As some of you might recall?, I'm very very very pleased with the results of the AR Sound Greenlink ( thanks Max ) that was used with my prior Naim Nait 2 so much that I went on to order a standard RCA - RCA pair to use between my Integrated and HRT iStreamer and as a phono-cable with very worthwhile results as well.

As I'm trying to narrow down my choices for said phono-cable however I'm at somewhat of a lost - as I'm thinking about a pair of CRL ( Cable Research Lab ) Copper Series ICs or dedicated phono-cables ( $1.199/1m ) or after realizing just how much the AR Greenlink's have added to a newfound sense of enlightenment combined with a pair of CRL Bronze Series LS Cables I'm almost afraid to change a thing, so this is more or less a means of trying to get a feel from those of you whom actually own or have heard the more upscale Lunar ICs as to what the sonic differences might be expected coming from the cheaper Greenlink's?, as I don't mind spending the $1.199 needed towards the CRL's if I don't have any other choice especially taking into account what I'm hearing at this very moment - but my mind keeps wondering if I might in fact be able to get away with using the cheaper Lunar from either one of my Well Tempered Lab Turntables as a phono-cable with said Greenlink between phono-stage ( Heed Audio Questar ) and still be in a position to get off the merry go round for good?.

Please chime in with your ideals one way or the other, as I've always felt that if I lacked the knowledge on certain items from foreign soil then why not pursue those in the know as some are more knowledgable about said components as you're after all more oft to be more open-minded to said European based designs then most Americans - I tend to believe it's best to come to the source.

Operators are standing by to take all response, don't be shy.

Happier New Year to all of you by the way, and yes......, I know I'd have started there, but rather late then never I'd say.

Regards,
o_O scar

Hi Oscar, can't offer much advice on this quest of yours but wanted to say good to see you back on here and best wishes for the New Year.

Mark

PS: Just bought me a Heed Quasar!

Hi Oscar, can't offer much advice on this quest of yours but wanted to say good to see you back on here and best wishes for the New Year.

Mark

PS: Just bought me a Heed Quasar!

Hi Mark,

Happy New Year and the best of wishes to you and your loved ones as well. I've merely been enjoying music to much to want to post as often as I once did, as I've more or less learned all that I need to know about components and tubes/valves - cartridges - isolation devices/platforms - stands and the likes, but am much like Roy Gregory perched some years ago about the very foundation of any given system, and am now exploring the cabling loom issue.

Yet as some of the locals here in the states are familiar with cabling beside the ones made here, I've always seen you guys as a source for diversity as well as ones more closely rooted in actual music vs boom and fizz as seems to be the norm stateside, but I'm certain at some point I shall have the information needed to finalize matters accordingly.

Thanks for chiming it, as I've always seen you as one of the kinder sorts, for lack of a better word as in say a Gentleman.

Nice one on the Quasar by the way - great phono-stage that.

As always, in parting - be thee well.
o_Oh

Hello Oscar,
It's been a while and I hope you are doing well.
You may recall I have a near all Naim system and after the AR Sound Greenlink i went to naim Highline, but after a while I upgraded to the ARSound Lunar and have been with it for years.
So to answer your initial question, yes, it may well be a good choice for you :)

All the best
Stefano

Hello Oscar,
It's been a while and I hope you are doing well.
You may recall I have a near all Naim system and after the AR Sound Greenlink i went to naim Highline, but after a while I upgraded to the ARSound Lunar and have been with it for years.
So to answer your initial question, yes, it may well be a good choice for you :)

All the best
Stefano

Hello Stefano,

Man it had been awhile since I've had the AR Sound in the system, as I've evolved to the point where I'm now very much into Cabledyne Silver ( OCC ) USB and ICs in tandem with CRL ( Cable Resrarch Lab ) Speaker Cables and combination of Synergistic Research | WireWorld AC Cords throughout, and am the happiest I've been with the overall sonics of my system, to the point where I don't intend on changing one thing for years to come.

In that sense, I've grown to realize that at some point it's best to leave well enough along, and out of fear of losing what it has taken me over 5 years to voice to ear, as well as suits my priorities to the utmost, I'm done other then deciding on which way to go as far as a music server goes........., and trying to research my way through either an Aurender or Lumin at which point........., my quest has reached its end.

These days, I find myself enjoying life that much more, and rather listen these days instead of reading or responding to various forums as much as I once did, as life has a funny way of allowing one to know when they've more or less learned everything that need to know, and at said point realizes it's time to listen and trust in one abilities to satisfy themselves by other means, like adding to their music collection, in my mind that's where it always counted most.

Thanks again for the response, as late as it is, it's still welcomed.

advertisement

Back