advertisement

Anyone using Linn Aktiv with Naim amps?

jimmymcfarrell

pfm Member
Since putting a system together based around active SBLs, a Snaxo, Hicap & 2 Nap 250s I’ve hardly used my aktiv Isobariks. I can’t decide whether to sell them & the associated Aktiv crossover & Dirak power supply or keep hold of it all in case I ever get round to expanding the Naim kit so I can use them. I don’t have the passive crossovers for the Briks (hindsight maybe selling them when I went active possibly wasn’t the greatest idea - at the time I just couldn’t see myself ever needing them, either for listening or for the purpose of facilitating the sale of the speakers) so any use of the speakers in future has to be active.
Easiest way would be to buy a snaxo 3/6 (and an extra power amplifier, obviously) but just wondering if many people have gone to the trouble of building the necessary cables to allow the Linn aktiv crossover with its unbalanced XLRs to work with Naim equipment & its din connections . This looks like a quite a pain in the ass to do……

Last edited:
I don't recall anyone doing this in recent years. @sunbeamgls tried 250s with Linn Exakt but that was with large PMC speakers, not Briks. I think it was just the hum of the 250s that put him off, otherwise he really liked them.

Using a DSM and an Exaktbox (or a Selekt DSM has enough DAC / analogue output channels on board) would be the best way to do this today, rather than the older Linn analogue active crossovers.
Gidders of this parish runs SL2s with an Exaktbox and Naim 250 based amps (with Witch Hat boards, iirc). Previously he did the same but with SL2s. Works very well. Cables are not that hard, as 250 uses XLR type input anyway.
Charlie_1 is correct, I rather enjoyed 3x 250s with my PMC Twenty.26s running Exakt active, but the price plus the insanely loud humming from two of them meant they couldn't stay.

advertisement

Back