advertisement

Anyone tried the Oyaide interconnects?

GruntPuppy

pfm Member
I'm intrigued by these buggers. Their Neo range of cables was developed for DJ's, but their construction and price points both look rather good. I figured I'd ask before taking a punt on a pair and trying them. I reckon the Class S - the "top end" of the range looks like it's a goer.

Not the interconnects, but I’ve used digital leads and even have a guitar cable from Oyaide!

Always struck me as a company with expertise and who don’t try to “hype” the sound.

Not the interconnects, but I’ve used digital leads and even have a guitar cable from Oyaide!

Always struck me as a company with expertise and who don’t try to “hype” the sound.

Compared to their normal price points, I think the neo range is reasonable to the point of insanity - the range is split into B, A and S series, with B being budget, A being a step up, and S being the top of the line. The B range is, I think the true bargain point, where OCC rather than OFC is used. I'm waiting for a particularly cheap UK supplier to get more stock in, then I'm going to start in on the S class RCA to RCA to link my pre and power amps on the main system.

this is what I'm going for when they get the stock in: https://www.djkit.com/neo-cables/neooyaide-d-class-s-twin-rca-to-twin-rca-cable-1m-.html

They're about 60% of the cost of most other places.

I quite fancy the A class cables just to try a set, mind you.

I was not happy with the mains connectors OK it passed the safety test set by legistration but not mine a 3.5KV as I specified for TQ mains leads. As the mains cable isolation was over 5KV like the EWA cable.

I was not happy with the mains connectors OK it passed the safety test set by legistration but not mine a 3.5KV as I specified for TQ mains leads. As the mains cable isolation was over 5KV like the EWA cable.

I just hope their RCA's are better then, Colin! I'm not expecting world class performance from them, but hopefully I'll get some decent bang per buck.

I'm having to homebrew some better mains cables for myself as well, again I'm not expecting earth shattering performance. I couldn't resist some pirate grade oyaide lookalikes for the ends (I've started calling them "No-yaides"...) Hopefully, these ends, combined with shielded mains cable and MK toughplugs (which my friend will print lifters for to make them easy to pull out of the sockets) or some "easy plugs" will give a reasonable step up from basic cables.

That said, I also quite fancy the idea of flat braiding some mains cables, for the heck of it. Who knows?

I just hope their RCA's are better then, Colin! I'm not expecting world class performance from them, but hopefully I'll get some decent bang per buck.

I'm having to homebrew some better mains cables for myself as well, again I'm not expecting earth shattering performance. I couldn't resist some pirate grade oyaide lookalikes for the ends (I've started calling them "No-yaides"...) Hopefully, these ends, combined with shielded mains cable and MK toughplugs (which my friend will print lifters for to make them easy to pull out of the sockets) or some "easy plugs" will give a reasonable step up from basic cables.

That said, I also quite fancy the idea of flat braiding some mains cables, for the heck of it. Who knows?

As to MK plugs tough or other all good kit except when I did Inca Tech they were crap to Gold plate, so I used Delta Plugs and MK sockets.
Oh and if you gold plate do not forget to Nickel plate 5um first then gold.

As to MK plugs tough or other all good kit except when I did Inca Tech they were crap to Gold plate, so I used Delta Plugs and MK sockets.
Oh and if you gold plate do not forget to Nickel plate 5um first then gold.

My days of wanting to mess around with home plating are long gone - The MK plugs are at least the hospital grade ones, which come with the merest smattering of silver plate iirc. I'll be getting my cable chap to hard solder the wires using cardas eutectic solder to maximise contact. Finding an in-line UK mains plug - which I wanted for aesthetic reasons, tart that I am - at a bargain price is proving to be extremely difficult...

On the Oyaides - I'll have a pair of the Class A's in about a week, I'll be able to order the Class S's when they're back in stock in just over a month.

I'm intrigued by these buggers. Their Neo range of cables was developed for DJ's, but their construction and price points both look rather good. I figured I'd ask before taking a punt on a pair and trying them. I reckon the Class S - the "top end" of the range looks like it's a goer.

I maintain a soft spot for the Neo USB S and Firewire cables, which I used for several years on and off. I had a pair of the matching interconnects in the office system (Sony ES > Sugden > Living Voice) at one time out of curiosity, nothing special. I tried Oyaide, Supra and Stereovox at the time, the latter were clearly in another league, albeit at double the price. I do remember briefly using a power cable as well, that didn't last long, it was a curiously bloated sounding thing.

I also bought their 'serious' 'Continental 5S USB back in the day when file-based replay was something I paid more attention to. Very good with the NOS Metrum DAC it originally paired with, not so successful in other combinations where it seemed to lack a bit of 'body,' and that's from someone who doesn't buy in to the 'all silver cables are bright' mythology.

To be honest, for basic performance power cables, I still find it hard (15 years down the line) to see past Supra, preferably with MK 1363 (not the Toughplugs) and Schurter IECs.

I have a short silver BNC cable of theirs , it's doing duty as a word clock cable. Was a noticeable improvement over Mogami with canare 4s connectors.

I also use black mamba V2 bulk power cables (from Japan ebayers) with furutech plugs and a mixture of furutech and oyaide (Japan ebay again for the oyaide) IECs. The C004 palladium plated connector is very detailed.

Both the silver digital and the black mamba v2 cables are extremely stiff, this makes it tricky to work with but can really help with resonance control as they hang in the air if you get the lengths right.

I have a short silver BNC cable of theirs , it's doing duty as a word clock cable. Was a noticeable improvement over Mogami with canare 4s connectors.

I also use black mamba V2 bulk power cables (from Japan ebayers) with furutech plugs and a mixture of furutech and oyaide (Japan ebay again for the oyaide) IECs. The C004 palladium plated connector is very detailed.

Both the silver digital and the black mamba v2 cables are extremely stiff, this makes it tricky to work with but can really help with resonance control as they hang in the air if you get the lengths right.

This is what I'm working towards - at least for the pre-amp and sources. One power amp has a captive power cable, and I'm loath to cut it. I may resort to resonance control via the good ol' black ravioli type solutions if I have to. Time will tell.

So do you go to ebay.jp, or search on ebay.co.uk?

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
On investigation, I see that buying direct from japan is a bit of a difficult one - so I'm assuning you're buying via ebay-registered Japanese sellers? I bought from ebay japan back in the early part of the century; strange that it only lasted 2 or 3 years as a platform in that market.

UK ebay but plenty of international options.

Black ravioli pads are good I use some myself but if you are shopping in Japan fo.q
Ta32 and ta102 are amazing products which are so versatile in their uses. The thin one can go round cables. The thick stuff is good on casework especially around power inlets , on the back of plugs and wall outlets.

Just a word of caution you will almost certainly have to pay importation taxes on cables and plugs from Japan. Works out just over 20% of the purchase price including postage. You will get an email from the courier once you pay they deliver

I've never paid importation on the fo.q packets though, they can fit in an envelope and I suspect sneak under the threshold.

I use the Oyaide (Oyaide Neo D+ Stereo RCA Class-S Cable Rev.2) DJ RCA Interconnect cable.

It works very well and is quite affordable, about 60GBP.

I use the Oyaide (Oyaide Neo D+ Stereo RCA Class-S Cable Rev.2) DJ RCA Interconnect cable.

It works very well and is quite affordable, about 60GBP.

Who do you use as a supplier for that price? I've found one supplier at the £61 for a 1 meter pair, but they're out of stock and everywhere else I've found is charging quite a bit more.

Just a word of caution you will almost certainly have to pay importation taxes on cables and plugs from Japan. Works out just over 20% of the purchase price including postage. You will get an email from the courier once you pay they deliver

I've never paid importation on the fo.q packets though, they can fit in an envelope and I suspect sneak under the threshold.

I'll be buying from a UK company, I suspect.

advertisement

Back