advertisement

Anyone need a new torch?

I have ordered one of thread poster suggestions and one of the other recommendations of the zoom one. I don't know why, I have several torches inlcuding a £200 model.

The switch has been rubbish on every torch I've owned with the exception of Cateye cycle lights.

Twiddle the torch head, switch it on and off repeatedly, shake the torch or slap it until it lights up again, tear the thing down and clean the contacts, the spring and the switch, look for corrosion, do all these things and marvel at how the hell, in this time of technology, I have managed to buy yet another useless ornament!

Torch switches!!! Arghh!!!

The switch has been rubbish on every torch I've owned with the exception of Cateye cycle lights.

Twiddle the torch head, switch it on and off repeatedly, shake the torch or slap it until it lights up again, tear the thing down and clean the contacts, the spring and the switch, look for corrosion, do all these things and marvel at how the hell, in this time of technology, I have managed to buy yet another useless ornament!

Torch switches!!! Arghh!!!

Never had a maglite fail!

To be fair, our recently bought torch which is a maglite is ok so far so who knows, it might last, I've slathered silicone grease on the battery and bulby bits too.

advertisement

Back