advertisement

Anyone done the returning to the UK testing COVID tests

Paul L

coffee lounge for me
I’m set to be in Lanzarote late Oct for a few days and so reading up on the required amber tests before and after returning to the UK. I get the impression there’s more than one approach such as buying kits here and taking them with you instead of finding a test there. Maybe I’m wrong and it’s all binary rather than choices but wonder what others have done?

Just flew back from Sweden last night.
I've been using Chronomics, bought through BA with a BA discount code (BA20PercentOff) (you don't need to be flying with them from what I can see).
It's a lateral flow test (DIY) for 'fit to fly' both on way out and coming back. They send it to you and you take the return one with you. Take the test, upload a photo of the results in their app, very simple and seems to work well so far.
Day 2, day 8 and test to release are PCR tests,, but still DIY - you need to send the samples away to the lab for those. Not done them yet...and given I had Covid whilst in Sweden...not sure how that will go...!
Not too expensive compared with some - £22.40 for the first fit to fly, £139 for the Amber pack - fit to fly back + day 2 + day 8.

https://www.chronomics.com/travel-bundles

Maybe not needed after announcement later today???!

Last edited:
Thanks robs and yes, just heard on the news and not sure a relaxation is the right thing but watching with (vested) interest of course

I pre-ordered the Randox kit for the Day 2 Test in the UK.

All good, but you might want to check that there is a convenient drop off box near you before ordering.

advertisement

Back