advertisement

Anybody used Ortofon 2M on Ekos?

sonddek

Trade: SUPATRAC
I've got a 2M Bronze on my Ekos2/Technics and it sounds very hifi, but ridiculously dynamic. It's a very arresting sound indeed, smooth, very articulate in the bass and midrange. I can't yet make up my mind whether I like it.

Anybody else tried 2M on Ekos, and in particular has anybody compared 2M Bronze to 2M Black as I'm tempted to see if there's a way to add finesse and subtlety to this gut-kicking authoritative sound?

Anybody else tried 2M on Ekos, and in particular has anybody compared 2M Bronze to 2M Black as I'm tempted to see if there's a way to add finesse and subtlety to this gut-kicking authoritative sound?

Try it on an LP12 perhaps;)

if u can't make up your mind, then doesn't that tell you by default that you don't actually like it?

i take it you're saying the 2m bronze has a bold sound. but perhaps that it could just be really transparent and letting you know how the EKOS sounds?

I'm liking it more and more. The bold dynamic sound makes all kinds of music sound very convincing and dramatic. I also found more finesse by tightening the arm pillar bolt, which I don't think was tight enough. The deck sounds good now. I'll do a needledrop soon, before I sell the Ekos.

Probably a bit late in the day but I've been running a 2m bronze on an LP12 with an Origin One OL1 tonearm. For my taste its superb. Dynamic, accurate and smooth. Tracks well and reveals lots of subtley n the music. Hope that helps.

advertisement

Back