advertisement

Any thoughts on Custom Design Milan Reference hifi rack?

dwm

pfm Member
Hello,

I am looking into possibly buying a Custom Design Milan Reference hifi rack. I am after a walnut wood rack and would appreciate your thoughts or suggestions of a suitable rack to improve the sound and look of my hifi.

Thank you for looking.

I can't understand their website... how much does it cost?

If you are going to spend more than say £300 I'd suggest having a word with a local quality cabinet makers.

I saw these and thought that they looked perfect - I then did a bit of research and decided that they were designed for looks rather than sound quality. What about 'something solid'

http://www.signals.uk.com/somethingsolidat.html

I've no personal interest in either, but the EXR looks pretty and should work well for your £300.

Something Solid racks are amongst the best I have used but do they fit the brief ? The OP wants "Walnut wood" and wants it to "improve the look" of his Hi-Fi.

If the Something Solid visuals appeal, I thoroughly recommend them.

IME the difference between racks is so minimal that they can safely be bought with the eyes. Buy the one you think looks best, and I'll bet you'll find it sounds best too.

I can recommend Finite Elemente racks as being extremely well-made and finished and elegant too. I believe they have a walnut finish option.

Expensive though.

You could also look at these:

http://www.boxfurnitureco.com/double.html

Definitive Audio are the distributor for them in UK and Kevin Scott is a great guy to deal with.

I have seen them - they are very smart and significantly less expensive than Finite Elemente

+1 for the recommendation on the Box Furniture Co racks - the sell extremely well here in the states. And are most often carried through dealers of WTL - Shindo - Leben and DeVore. ( Maybe something to do with Synergy - but the work well and sound very very nice, and would be my rack/stand of choice if I'd swing one. )

o_O scar

advertisement

Back