advertisement

Any PS4 gamers here?

stairpost

Average at best.
Hi all,

Bit of a longshot but are there any PS4 gamers here that can recommend a creepy haunted house walkthrough game? One of those dark jobs where all sorts of scary nonsense jumps out at you.

Cheers.

Rich.

SOMA fits the gameplay albeit not so much a "haunted house" (more sci-fi themed I guess). I didn't finish it because those games stress me out too much!

If I could erase my memory of any game, it would be Resident Evil 7 - Just so I could experience playing it again without knowing what's going on. It's a real rollercoaster ride - horror, puzzles, jump scares, and creepy bits. You have to play it in the dark with a headset for the best experience. You can also play it on VR, and I'd imagine that is even more immersive/scary.

WARNING: Bad language

Nice! I really enjoyed the first RE on PS1

If I could erase my memory of any game, it would be Resident Evil 7 - Just so I could experience playing it again without knowing what's going on. It's a real rollercoaster ride - horror, puzzles, jump scares, and creepy bits. You have to play it in the dark with a headset for the best experience. You can also play it on VR, and I'd imagine that is even more immersive/scary.

WARNING: Bad language

Nice! I really enjoyed the first RE on PS1
The old RE games were great back in the day. The first one I played was RE2. I think RE7 is the first game since the original RE1, that brings back that WTF is going on feeling.

Once you've completed that, RE8 is also very good. It's more open world though, and without checking, I think it's a PS5 game.

Was going to suggest Dead Space - haunted-ish space ship rather than haunted house, but creepy, jump scares, nightmarish etc., great game.

But then checked and apparently it’s not available on PS4, which surprised me. The original was on PS3 and the recent remake on PS5. Shame.

A slightly left field suggestion would be Oxenfree. Again not quite a haunted house, but starts out like a kind of teen holiday playable graphic novel, then quickly develops a really creepy ‘otherness’.

Another one I played a while back, that's good, but very different to Resident Evil, is Until Dawn. It's one of those games that's a bit like watching a horror film, but how things end up depend on the decisions you make. They used models of real actors, which is a nice touch.
Even though it's a horror game, it's a lot more relaxing to play than Resident Evil. It's also a lot easier.

advertisement

Back