advertisement

Any one using HQplayer for upsampling?

jasonski73

Voodoo child.
Hi
Any one using HQplayer for up sampling? if so what sort of results are you getting and is the investment in a high end processor worth it for the step up in sq. Toying with the idea of building a new server with Roon and HQplayer. any thoughts are welcomed.

Cheers

PS I am limited to DSD 256 with my current DAC.

I've had a commercial version of what you describe on home demo for a few weeks now, and been very impressed with it. Running it natively into my Lampi DAC it is a long way ahead of my existing server (Naim Unitiserve) which itself is no slouch. I have experimented up to DSD 512 into a T&A DAC and again very impressive, but I prefer the overall sound of the Lampi.

My understanding is that to get the processing power into a passively cooled box with the required level of noise limitations requires speccing some pretty expensive components (SGM perhaps being the extreme), but based on my experience so far, it seems very worthwhile.

HQ Player and Roon seem to work very well together, and HQ Player is very flexible in terms of settings, filters etc. which can be both a blessing and a curse, depending on your willingness to experiment.

HI thanks for that info, I have a really nice case already Heatsync 7000 from Atech-fabrication which is fanless and
seasonic fanless 600 watt psu. I also have an older 6850k processor with with an asrock taichi x99 motherboard (2016) that I never got around to using . Do you think it would be ample to run Roon and HQplayer on the same system should I upgrade to something more up to date. If you don't mind me asking what processor does your setup use in order to achieve dsd 512?

Cheers

advertisement

Back