advertisement

Any more Rega Speakers on the way?

Neil P

pfm Member
The Rega Aya speakers intrigue me - has anyone heard them? It would be just my luck if another speaker is released above the Aya .... which I would be very tempted by.

My impression is that they're having a speaker rethink (like the MM cart one), of which the Aya is the first iteration.

I hope the lovely wood finish on Rega speaker has not been consigned to history. Can’t beat a lovely bit of walnut veneer in my opinion, the grey concrete look while it may be acoustically preferable doesn’t have quite the same look of quality.
I will however admit to having never seen them in the flesh so I may be being a little harsh!

I hope the lovely wood finish on Rega speaker has not been consigned to history. Can’t beat a lovely bit of walnut veneer in my opinion, the grey concrete look while it may be acoustically preferable doesn’t have quite the same look of quality.
I will however admit to having never seen them in the flesh so I may be being a little harsh!

I too like a nice wood finish, and even when it gets knocked/faded it's just part of the patina.

I've got a couple of sets of Rega speakers - one is a very ancient set of Kytes and those definitely do have a fair bit of patina (which is one word for it) now. The other is a lovely set of piano black R1's and while I do generally prefer a wood finish those are nice.

advertisement

Back