561324828_ce883e3521.jpg

bigger
Omm Hotel (Architect J.Capella)

561324872_71c34c15b4.jpg

bigger
Barcelona Pavilion (Mies van der Rohe)

561316636_b23a031f11.jpg

bigger
In the square opposite Cathedral La Seu, Barcelona - I like how the crowd mimics the facade.

Photo Sharing

You two lads really need to put this stereotype view of the `Dale to bed once and for all and demonstrate its not all dark satanic mills.

Take up your camera`s and Ead f`t`ills and capture the beauty of these bleak windswept moors.

Tony & Andy

I reckon if we do Hebden and Heptonstall we will bag the definitive wet cobbles shot and (if it isn't pissing down) maybe get in to Hardcastle Craggs.

Andy - we plan to leave Rochdale at 10am (as you will attest TL needs his beauty sleep). Would you be around at about luchtime for a brew and somewhere to dry out?

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Joe. I caught this shot on the pentax *ist flickr group link here. I like the look - any idea on what was done to the image to get it?

Dan

Thanks Joe. I caught this shot on the pentax *ist flickr group link here. I like the look - any idea on what was done to the image to get it?

Dan

It doesn't look that processed to me - which bit of it do you like most? Is it the contrast? It's a high key shot but the shadows have been kept dark, so probably the contrast has been brought up very high.

Cesare

Dan,

I caught this shot on the pentax *ist flickr group link here. I like the look - any idea on what was done to the image to get it?
Just an educated guess... it looks like a bit of aggressive curving in PS.

Oh, and nice shots, Andy!

Joe

Cat - yes, I could do that, but probably wouldn't understand the response (if I got one).

Cesare - I suppose it's the contrast - I also like the way it shimmers, and the hint of blue. The highlights are blown, but it doesn't look the same as if I just grabbed the 'contrast' slider and yanked to to the far right IYSWIM.

Joe - ahh, curving, yes - I've heard about it, but have just an old version of elements, it's not something I can play with.

Andy - nice photos, esp. the standpipe/elevator.

Dan

Dan,

Looking at the shot a little more closely, it looks as though a bit of diffuse glow has also been applied. I did something similar in the pic below, but then oversaturated the colours to create a different look.

95972527_294612b8d9_o.jpg

Joe

P.S. Nice shot, guy. Reminds me of my student days.

Dan

Personally, I don't like the railway shot - too washed out and of uncertain focus;

and Joe, don't like your's either - washed out and what is going on in the eyes?

Cav,

Evil possession. It happened once before on an old Star Trek episode.

200px-Gary_Mitchell_After.jpg

Joe

Cav -

Why not post a link to a pic you like and tell us why? I'd appreciate more discussion of what people like/dislike in photos posted here & elsewhere - with an emphasis on positive criticism. Also, I recall you were going to start posting some of your pics once you had figured out how to host them - any progress on that front?

Joe

If your camera can capture that then I suggest you doorstep the great and the good so we can get those mothers exorcised...

Dan

Personally, I don't like the railway shot - too washed out and of uncertain focus;

and Joe, don't like your's either - washed out and what is going on in the eyes?
Nice constructive criticism Nigel. Are you trying to emulate certain other PFM curmudgeons?

dan

I am of the school of relativism as far as anything is concerned. I like something or I do not: it is always easier to say why I do not like something - not that an explanation is really required - rather than so say why I like what I do.

You, nor anyone else, should not take any of my comments as a reflection on your taste, you should like what you like.

I have decided not to post any of my pictures because, firstly, the vast majority are personal to me and/or my family or of friends, are not, therefore, of rusted metal, brick walls, peeling paint, dusty chairs, electricity cables, and, secondly, I would not want to suggest by posting that I claim any artistic merit nor seek approving feedback, and thirdly, I refuse to give them “titles”, pretentious, obvious, or otherwise which seems de rigueur on this an other fora

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back