advertisement

Any eBay experts here?

Your first mistake was using Evri.
Arguably the first mistake was selling on eBay. It's a minefield for anyone who's not wise to the scams, nuances and rules. I used to sell loads on there but never again; it's just not worth the risk as a seller - particularly for anything valuable or electronic. eBay is the Mos Eisley Spaceport of websites - you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Well, maybe Facebook Marketplace...

The practice of leaving parcels on doorsteps needs to stop. Doorstep theft is rampant and the carriers need to face the consequences of their reckless business models.
I agree. It's time we all started putting in claims saying it didn't arrive. Clog the system up until they charge a bit more and make sure the parcel is received by the intended recipient

The problem with a photo of delivery is that the photos do not always show the number of the house. We once had photo proof of delivery which was a photo of our neighbours porch - no number on it but we recognised it.
Had one parcel delivered to No. 7 rather than my house at No. 1, but the photo taken gave me a clue as to it’s whereabouts. Shortly after that, I had a parcel delivered to No. 1 of an entirely different road. Managed to track it down and it was still there, sat on the doorstep.

Well, I'm totally confused. It looks like I didn't even send the item, but ebay is showing I did, and the tracking is saying dispatched. I was looking at the Evri tracking receipt for exactly the same item I sold the day before.

I'm wondering If I paid for postage, but didn't print the label and post it, or something? It looks like there's nothing I can't f*ck up :(

Generating the label can result in some odd terminology in the tracking info by the couriers. And for us, using listing software, it sends the tracking number to ebay, which then gets marked as despatched by ebay. Even though it is still sitting in the warehouse.

In a way, I feel sorry for "some " drivers, as they have such a hectic schedule, but many times we've had stuff delivered, to the next village, then I have to set the Rottweiler on them. She always wins:)

I once sold about 20 small bicycle spare parts for buttons, I thought it better than just binning them. They all ended on the same day and I printed all the RM labels and dropped them at the post office all together- well, never a more random bunch of parcels has ever been sent. Some arrived next day and some took almost two weeks and I scraped by missing negative feedback by the skin of my teeth. Lesson learned there.

I once sold about 20 small bicycle spare parts for buttons, I thought it better than just binning them. They all ended on the same day and I printed all the RM labels and dropped them at the post office all together- well, never a more random bunch of parcels has ever been sent. Some arrived next day and some took almost two weeks and I scraped by missing negative feedback by the skin of my teeth. Lesson learned there.
I think the lesson to take there is that the post office is not that much better than a private courier.

I bought an item from eBay the other week which Evri kindly left in front of the communal entrance to our block and was promptly stolen. They supplied a photo to the tracking. I've raised a case with eBay and Evri who have admitted their incompetence but are expecting the seller claim and to refund me. eBay have taken an eternity to "investigate" only to tell me they want more details from Evri. Hopefully a result one way or the other soon. I'm lucky it wasn't an expensive purchase.

I bought an item from eBay the other week which Evri kindly left in front of the communal entrance to our block and was promptly stolen. They supplied a photo to the tracking. I've raised a case with eBay and Evri who have admitted their incompetence but are expecting the seller claim and to refund me. eBay have taken an eternity to "investigate" only to tell me they want more details from Evri. Hopefully a result one way or the other soon. I'm lucky it wasn't an expensive purchase.
go to paypal or card company, the seller will drag his heels and if it is an experienced ebayer, may just refuse to pay.

Amazing - I found out today that if an item is left on your doorstep by a courier and subsequently stolen, you are not covered by eBay's Money Back Guarantee. Technically they call this a delivery!!

Amazing - I found out today that if an item is left on your doorstep by a courier and subsequently stolen, you are not covered by eBay's Money Back Guarantee. Technically they call this a delivery!!
No wonder its becoming less popular, thats a bit harsh

I would like to see this challenged in a civil court of law!!

"Delivery into Possession" me thinks.

advertisement

Back